Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ranger is not creating service repositories

Super Collaborator

Hi,

Ranger is not creating repositories for services (Knox, Kafka). I am using HDP 2.3

I am using default settings. I only installed second Ranger Admin. What can be the issue? Nothing in logs

@EDIT

If I add them manually, it is not working. Not even logs in audit->plugins that I added new policy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@Sagar Shimpi I found the solution. All I had to do is change ranger.plugin.knox.policy.rest.url from {{policy_mgr_url}} to address one of those two hosts where Ranger Admin is installed

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Super Guru

Hi @Edgar Daeds

1. Please login to ambari UI using admin user

2. Click on Services-> Kafka->Configs->"Advanced ranger-kafka-plugin-properties"

3. Make sure you have right click on "Enable Ranger for KAFKA" as shown in snap below -

4714-screen-shot-2016-06-02-at-63704-pm.png

Super Guru

If you have already done so, then u will suggest to give a retry for service restart for both ie. ranger and kafka.

Super Collaborator

@Sagar Shimpi thank you for quick response. I already had that box checked and restarted both services. xa.portal.log shows no errors or warns

Super Guru

@Edgar Daeds what is the version of ambari you are using ?

Super Collaborator

Super Collaborator

@Sagar Shimpi I found the solution. All I had to do is change ranger.plugin.knox.policy.rest.url from {{policy_mgr_url}} to address one of those two hosts where Ranger Admin is installed

Super Guru

Is this a fresh installation? or was the ranger host migrated to new hosts?

Since the property usually picks up default ranger mgr url. You do not need to modify anything here.

Super Collaborator

It is a fresh installation with one additional Ranger Admin installed and configured with nginx to redirect to the working one.