Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Re: Reducing some CDH alerts

Explorer

# can i use nscd to reduce some CDH alerts 

# If so, please guide me how to use nscd

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi Clint ,

Thanks for reply, ill find out what exactly they looking for .. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Guru

I haven't personally heard of using nscd for that purpose, but if you are using Cloudera Manager, we do provide you multiple mechanisms to tailor your log files, retention times, sizes, etc.

I would start with this doc to get a handle on what choices you have within Cloudera Manager to manage your logs?

If you can clarify what sort of alerts you'd like to reduce, we can provide more clear instructions.

Regards

Explorer

Hi Clint ,

Thanks for reply, ill find out what exactly they looking for .. 

Explorer
Hi Clint, am going to need your advise on different topic ,

" In production cluster , which one would be the safest way to do , Enabling NN HA and kerberize the cluster or Kerberize first and Enable NN HA, if one of them is best can you brief it please why it is the best way

Thanks

Guru

Thanks for the followup, @buddi.  I'm not the expert on all of these things and it would be best to start a new topic in the Storage Board about the NameNode HA/Kerberos question.  Would you mind starting a new topic there?

Regards,

Clint

Explorer

Sure , i Will start