Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Regarding Tutorials 220 - Unable to see data execution in Sprouts and Bolts from the Kafka producer queue.

Highlighted

Regarding Tutorials 220 - Unable to see data execution in Sprouts and Bolts from the Kafka producer queue.

Hi Friends,

Need help on

TUTORIAL 3: REAL TIME DATA INGESTION IN HBASE AND HIVE USING STORM

I ran the attached logs for deploying a new Storm Topology for Truck Events. logs.txt.

I have noticed some of the errors -

log4j:ERROR A "org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator" object is not assignable to a "org.apache.log4j.spi.Configurator" variable.

log4j:ERROR The class "org.apache.log4j.spi.Configurator" was loaded by

log4j:ERROR [org.apache.atlas.plugin.classloader.AtlasPluginClassLoader@2715644a] whereas object of type log4j:ERROR "org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator" was loaded by [sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@5e2de80c]. log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate configurator [org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator].

But when I checked in the Storm View located in the Ambari User Views list , I found new Topology truck-event-processor.

After that I ran the NiFi DataFlow to generate events which publishes the data to Kafka queue. Attached Nifi Flow.gif for reference. nififlow.gif

Return to the Storm View and click on truck-event-processor topology in the list of topologies to drill into it.

I am not seeing any progress on Sprouts and Bolts. Attaching Storm.GIF for reference.storm.gif

Moreover on the topology , I am seeing symbols of sprouts being used completely for entire flow with no bolt symbol.

Kindly advise if there is any mistake I am doing.

I am new to Storm , so any advise / pointer will definately help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Regarding Tutorials 220 - Unable to see data execution in Sprouts and Bolts from the Kafka producer queue.

New Contributor

I have the exactly the same problem, were you able fix it?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here