Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Remote Debugging 2.5 Sandbox processes

New Contributor

Hi,

I am having problems with remote debug connections for the 2.5 sandbox VM for VirtualBox.

Using the instructions on how to 'Remote debug HiveServer2' I can active the debug agent in the sandbox for the hiveserver2

as you can see from ps:

/usr/lib/jvm/java/bin/java -Xmx250m -Dhdp.version=2.5.0.0-1245 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=7777 -Dhdp.version=2.5.0.0-1245 -Dhadoop.log.dir=/var/log/hadoop/hive -Dhadoop.log.file=hadoop.log -Dhadoop.home.dir=/usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hadoop -Dhadoop.id.str=hive -Dhadoop.root.logger=INFO,console -Djava.library.path=:/usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64:/usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hadoop/lib/native -Dhadoop.policy.file=hadoop-policy.xml -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Xmx250m -Xmx96628m -Dlog4j.configurationFile=hive-log4j2.properties -Djava.util.logging.config.file=/usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hive/bin/../conf/parquet-logging.properties -Dhadoop.security.logger=INFO,NullAppender org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/hive/lib/hive-service-1.2.1000.2.5.0.0-1245.jar org.apache.hive.service.server.HiveServer2 --hiveconf hive.aux.jars.path=file:///usr/hdp/current/hive-webhcat/share/hcatalog/hive-hcatalog-core.jar -hiveconf hive.metastore.uris= -hiveconf hive.log.file=hiveserver2.log -hiveconf hive.log.dir=/var/log/hive

Additionally, I have added port forwarding in the VM for 7777.

But there appears to be something else preventing debug connections into the VirtualBox 2.5 Sanbox VM on port 7777.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

@Mike Fagan

You also have to add that port to the Docker container that runs within the Virtualbox VM. See this HCC article for how to do that: https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/65914/how-to-add-ports-to-the-hdp-25-virtualbox-sandbox.h...

New Contributor

Thanks, after adding the port to docker it works!

@Mike Fagan

I'm glad to hear that. Please accept the anwser as it helps the community.

; ;