Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Reporting NiFi lineage to Atlas

Contributor

Hello,

I thought that NiFi 1.5 can report lineage to Atlas but I couldn't find how to it. I've checked the reporting tasks but couldn't find Atlas reporting task. Does anyone succeeded in using this new feature?

Thanks

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @Joe Harvy

The Atlas reporting task requires building NiFi with a specific profil. If you downloaded NiFi from Apache site, it's normal that the reporting task is not available. You have 2 options:

1. Use NiFi from HDF that already has this reporting task
  2. Download NiFi code from Apache and rebuild with the Atlas profil using the following command
mvn clean install -Pinclude-atlas -DskipTests

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Joe Harvy

The Atlas reporting task requires building NiFi with a specific profil. If you downloaded NiFi from Apache site, it's normal that the reporting task is not available. You have 2 options:

1. Use NiFi from HDF that already has this reporting task
  2. Download NiFi code from Apache and rebuild with the Atlas profil using the following command

Explorer

Hello Team, @ahadjidj 

Running this suggested command

referrinng to the pom xml file here located:

/work/nar/framework/nifi-framework-nar-1.14.0.nar-unpacked/META-INF/maven/org.apache.nifi/nifi-framework-nar/pom.xml

I get this error message :

[WARNING] The requested profile "include-atlas" could not be activated because it does not exist.
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.nifi:nifi-nar-maven-plugin:1.3.1:nar (default-nar) on project nifi-evtx-nar: The plugin org.apache.nifi:nifi-nar-maven-plugin:1.3.1 requires Maven vers
ion 3.1.0 -> [Help 1]

I got this message:

The requested profile "include-atlas" could not be activated because it does not exist.

Could you please provide any hint?

As we need to introduce the lineage into Atlas with info coming from Nifi, this area in currently on priority as we are stucked on this.

Thanks a lot!

Daniele.