Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Reuse of MapR architecture to install Coudera

New Contributor

Hi Cloudera community,

I have been using MapR for sometime and have some regular data pipelines in place. I want to move out from MapR to Couldera. 

My clarification with the experts here is, I want to retain the system & data architecture created in MapR(servers, nodes, clusters, data storage) and implement couldera on top of hadoop HDFS. Is this possible?

basically i want to replace MapR with Couldera without disturbing my existing hardware and data storage setup. 

Looking forward for some sharing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hello @Kings 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. Based on your Post, You wish to reuse the Hardware used for MapR to run Cloudera with the Data Storage Setup. 

The Hardware/Java/Network/Database requirement for CDP Private Cloud v7.1.8 (Latest Release) is available via [1]. Your Team can review the same & confirm if the existing Hardware & Setup meets the requirement. Note that your Team needs to be install Cloudera Manager & allow Cloudera Manager to perform the Installation of various Services (Including HDFS) across the Cluster Hosts. 

Whether a Complete Lift & Shift works depends on the existing Setup & compliance with [1]. For information, Cloudera offers a Public Cloud & SaaS offering as well. Additionally, Customer can use the existing Hardware to turn into a full-fledged Kubernetes Cluster via Cloudera Manager to run Kubernetes based Workload (CDE, CDW, CML). The reason for stating the same is your Team selected "CDE" i.e. Cloudera Data Engineering in the Labels. 

We believe this is a right point to engage with our Cloudera's Sales Team & find the exact fit for your Team's requirement in Cloudera's Hybrid Cloud Offering. 

Kindly review & let us know. 

Regards, Smarak

[1] https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.8/installation/topics/cdpdc-hardware-requiremen...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

Hello @Kings 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. Based on your Post, You wish to reuse the Hardware used for MapR to run Cloudera with the Data Storage Setup. 

The Hardware/Java/Network/Database requirement for CDP Private Cloud v7.1.8 (Latest Release) is available via [1]. Your Team can review the same & confirm if the existing Hardware & Setup meets the requirement. Note that your Team needs to be install Cloudera Manager & allow Cloudera Manager to perform the Installation of various Services (Including HDFS) across the Cluster Hosts. 

Whether a Complete Lift & Shift works depends on the existing Setup & compliance with [1]. For information, Cloudera offers a Public Cloud & SaaS offering as well. Additionally, Customer can use the existing Hardware to turn into a full-fledged Kubernetes Cluster via Cloudera Manager to run Kubernetes based Workload (CDE, CDW, CML). The reason for stating the same is your Team selected "CDE" i.e. Cloudera Data Engineering in the Labels. 

We believe this is a right point to engage with our Cloudera's Sales Team & find the exact fit for your Team's requirement in Cloudera's Hybrid Cloud Offering. 

Kindly review & let us know. 

Regards, Smarak

[1] https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.8/installation/topics/cdpdc-hardware-requiremen...

Super Collaborator

Hello @Kings 

We hope our Post dated 2022-10-10 has answered your Q & shall mark the Post as Solved. If you have any further ask, Feel free to Update the Post & we shall get back to you accodingly.

Thank You for using Cloudera Community. 

Regards, Smarak