Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Revert local changes problem in NiFi

New Contributor

I changed a controller service property in a processor in a procees group which is under a version control with Nifi Registry. In the property I changed from controller service A to controller service B (the names and types doesn't really matter).
Then when I check the "show local changes" I can see this change there.
Then, I'm trying to "revert local changes", but nothing happens, this specific change is still there.
When I'm trying to change it by myself back from controller service B to A, it does work.
My question is, why the "revert local changes" doesn't revert this specific change?

3 REPLIES 3

Community Manager

@elemenop Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our NiFi experts @MattWho@steven-matison  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Super Mentor

@elemenop 

Not all local changes result in a change to the version controlled flow.  
It is typical for a single NiFi-Registry to be used by multiple NiFi deployments (example would be dev and prod deployments).
A flow built in the dev environment may be have different configuration based on that dev environment versus what is used in the same dataflow deployed in the prod environment.

The following actions are not considered local changes:

• stopping/starting processors

• modifying sensitive property values

• modifying remote process group URLs

• updating a processor that was referencing a non-existent controller service to reference an externally available controller service

• assigning, creating, modifying or deleting parameter contexts

• creating, modifying or deleting variables

Sharing the exact Apache NiFi or Cloudera Flow Management (CFM) version along with the reproduction steps executed in yoru environment would be helpful.

If you found any of the suggestions/solutions provided helped you with your issue, please take a moment to login and click "Accept as Solution" on one or more of them that helped.

Thank you,
Matt

Community Manager

@elemenop Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.  Thanks.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: