Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Running multiple Flume agents on a single node with Cloudera Manager

Highlighted

Running multiple Flume agents on a single node with Cloudera Manager

Explorer

I have installed Flume on my CDH5.8.0 cluster. The flume agent is on a single node where Flume tasks run. I use the linux terminal ro run two sepate data ingestions via flume, with seperate configuartion files.

I want to monitor both ingestion processes via Cloudera Manager. Although the flume configuration panel in CM gives the option to add custom conf properties, but that is for a single flume agent. 

I cant add another flume agent via CM on the same host. How can I monitor both ingestion processes with Cloudera Manager?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Running multiple Flume agents on a single node with Cloudera Manager

Rising Star

You've followed Cloudera's documentation here?

I can't say that I've personally come across Cloudera Manager (CM) not allowing me to create another Flume Agent.  Take a look at the above instructions and see if perhaps you missed a step b/c I get the feeling based on how you stated a few things that you haven't tried adding anothe Flume Service, which is required to have another Flume Agent running.

Give it a shot and let me know your results