Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

SMART SENSE IMPLEMENTATION

Rising Star

Hi Team,

Iam Implementing Smart Sense on my Cluster. I need your help before i start

I have to change the below parameters before i implement Smart sense. Can someone please explain the dependency property also require for the parent property

Value needs to change for the Property

dfs.namenode.safemode.threshold-pct

Dependency Property which is not in my cluster dfs.namenode.replication.min. should this property is must ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

As far as I know there is no need to change anything in your cluster in ordert to install SmartSense. The properties you mentioned have completely acceptable defaults:

dfs.namenode.safemode.threshold-pct=0.999f
dfs.namenode.replication.min=1

I usually set threshold-pct to 0.99f but 0.999 is fine as well. One of the purposes of SmartSense is to give you advice on your setup, so you can just go ahead, install it and try it.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Rising Star

One last question, I don't have this parameter on my cluster. dfs.namenode.replication.min=1 . Is it mandatory to have it on the cluster..

Master Guru

To repeat, 1 is the default, see defaults here, but just to be sure you can go ahead and set it directly in hdfs-site, and restart HDFS and dependent services.

Rising Star

Thanks for the information. as per your above reply 0.99f but 0.999 is the value. just want to make sure. 0.99 is also a correct value. ?

Rising Star

I want to add the below parameter in hdfs-site.xml."""" Property name: ha.zookeeper.acl Value = sasl:nn:rwcda """ since its belong to zookeer do i need to restart the zookeerper service ?