I'm using SSB and Kafka to read from a topic and do some transformation and output the result to another topic.
Here is what I did:
1. Create a Kafka Topic (lets name input_topic)
2. pushed some events, so SSB can detect schema in the next step.
3. Created a Table in SSB Console using the wizard and I detected the schema properly. Table uses Local Kafka option (CDP Kafka)
4. I wrote my query (complex queries with join, windows and CTEs) the query runs perfectlly when I run it I can see the result from SSN console as expected.
5. I created a view from the query i named it (input_topic_v)
6. I created the output topic (named it output_topic) with no data its new topic.
7. I created local-kafka table using the template pointing to output_topic.
8. I wrote INSERT INTO output_topic SELECT * FROM input_topic_v.
and i get the following the error. (I need more logs to debug but this the response i get) [10/20/2022, 8:34:32 AM][INFO] StreamBuilder job awesome_allen is starting.
[10/20/2022, 8:34:32 AM][ERROR] Job execution failed: Error while creating streaming job
after a while tried this: (dummy select statement with needed schema) I
NSERT INTO output_topic
select 1,2,3,4,5, 's'
and the query exacted without any issue and the sink worked and data pushed to Kafka So the sink works and SSB can push data to Kafka. and the query from View works and I can see the result from Console but when I sink the data from the view it does not.