Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

SQOOP Job failing through Informatica BDM using impersonation HDP version 2.2.3 & Hive 1*

Explorer

SQOOP Job failing through Informatica BDM using impersonation HDP version 2.2.3 & Hive 1*

Please guide me setting and using OS profiling from Informatica to achieve impersonation work.

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

just to add failed job log file: Two exception I can see for failed job.

INFO: [Hive task exec1] : Vertex failed, vertexName=Map 1, vertexId=vertex_1529513609431_7352_1_00, diagnostics=[Task failed, taskId=task_1529513609431_7352_1_00_000000, diagnostics=[TaskAttempt 0 failed, info=[Error: Failure while running task:java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Hive Runtime Error while closing operators

Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: java.io.IOException: Mapping execution failed with the following error: Exception Class: [java.lang.IllegalArgumentException] Exception Message: [java.net.UnknownHostException: DEV01].

Explorer

logfile.txt

Attached is log file....can any help me in this regard...its all failing once impersonation switched on.....

Informatica is of version 10.1.1 HF1 so the reference issue doesn't relate to the one we are encountering.

This Informatica mapping reads from Hive and writes to Teradata by using sqoop connector. The mapping is pushed down to Hadoop for execution and uses Hive execution engine. The informatica mapping log file reports that YARN execution has started, mappers have been executed and then abruptly fails with vertex error. Below is the error snapshot from the Informatica log file