Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Same version of Ambari version on diferent server is missing the software to be installed .

Expert Contributor

I have two questions both seem similar to me .

1. I have Ambari 2.1.2 installed on 2 environments . The same version of ambari is missing "Atlas" software under "ADD SERVICE" option . I am not sure why this would happen .

2. On a different environment we have Ambari 2.1.0 installed which show "SOLR" package, but on higher version 2.1.2 "SOLR" is missing .

Thanks

Jagdish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal @vpoornalingam @Artem Ervits

Update :looking at admin > stack & versions > versions found that HDP( on one of the environments) was not finalized to 2.3 . Finalizing the stack now picks up ATLAS software .

Thanks all for your help.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

@Jagdish SaripellaWhich version of HDP are you trying to install using these Ambari Versions? For the given version, could you please list

/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/version/services?

Master Mentor
@Jagdish Saripella

can you compare the files in /etc/yum.repos.d/ as well as in the following directory /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/services, that's in my dir.

[root@sandbox services]# ls
ACCUMULO  ATLAS  FALCON  FLUME  HBASE  HDFS  HIVE  KAFKA  KERBEROS  KNOX  MAHOUT  OOZIE  PIG  RANGER  RANGER_KMS  SLIDER  SPARK  SQOOP  stack_advisor.py  STORM  TEZ  YARN  ZEPPELIN  ZOOKEEPER
[root@sandbox services]# pwd

Expert Contributor

@vpoornalingam & @Artem Ervits

ENVIRONMENT 1: Atlas was installed through ambari on this environment.

ls /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/services/

ACCUMULO FALCON HBASE HIVE KERBEROS MAHOUT PIG RANGER_KMS SPARK stack_advisor.py STORM YARN ATLAS FLUME HDFS KAFKA KNOX OOZIE RANGER SLIDER SQOOP stack_advisor.pyc TEZ ZOOKEEPER

ENVIRONMENT 2: This is where I am trying to install Atlas .

ls /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stacks/HDP/2.3/services/

ACCUMULO FALCON HBASE HIVE KERBEROS MAHOUT PIG RANGER_KMS SPARK stack_advisor.py TEZ ZOOKEEPER ATLAS FLUME HDFS KAFKA KNOX OOZIE RANGER SLIDER SQOOP STORM YARN

Master Mentor

@Jagdish Saripella compare the repo files from both environments.

How about a hard refresh of the Ambari Server / dashboard?

Master Mentor

@Ankit Vasa what @vpoornalingam is suggesting is to restart ambari-server and then hit ctrl-R before you login into the Ambari UI.

Expert Contributor

@vpoornalingam & @Artem Ervits restarted Ambari-server but still ATLAS doesnot show up .

Master Mentor

open the browser, navigate to http://ambarihost:8080 and before logging in, hit ctrl-shit-R. It will hard reset the brower cache and try again installing the service. @Jagdish Saripella

Expert Contributor

@Artem Ervits thanks for you all helping me , I have tried as suggested but that doesn't work either . Can you also point me to any documentation that might show how Ambari looks for these packages and pulls them to show it on the UI.As mentioned in the original question , i am also trying to get solr installed , but the latest version of ambari does not show SOLR either, so its an intresting situation and will give me good oppurtunity to understand workings of ambari better.