Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Same version of Ambari version on diferent server is missing the software to be installed .

Expert Contributor

I have two questions both seem similar to me .

1. I have Ambari 2.1.2 installed on 2 environments . The same version of ambari is missing "Atlas" software under "ADD SERVICE" option . I am not sure why this would happen .

2. On a different environment we have Ambari 2.1.0 installed which show "SOLR" package, but on higher version 2.1.2 "SOLR" is missing .

Thanks

Jagdish

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal @vpoornalingam @Artem Ervits

Update :looking at admin > stack & versions > versions found that HDP( on one of the environments) was not finalized to 2.3 . Finalizing the stack now picks up ATLAS software .

Thanks all for your help.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Master Mentor
@Jagdish Saripella

you need to learn about Ambari stacks, please read the Ambari wiki https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Stacks+and+Services

Master Mentor

Master Mentor
@Jagdish Saripella

Atlas is part of the stack starting HDP 2.3.4.

What's HDP version?

ATLAS cannot be installed if HDP version is not up to date.

Atlas Prerequisites

Before installing Atlas, make sure your cluster meets the following prerequisites:

Table 25.1. Atlas Cluster Prerequisites

Item

Prerequisite

Cluster Stack VersionHDP 2.3.4 or later

Expert Contributor

Neeraj, I was able to install ATLAS using HDP 2.3.2 & Ambari 2.1.2 in one of the environments .. @Neeraj Sabharwal

Expert Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal @vpoornalingam @Artem Ervits

Update :looking at admin > stack & versions > versions found that HDP( on one of the environments) was not finalized to 2.3 . Finalizing the stack now picks up ATLAS software .

Thanks all for your help.