Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sandbox HDP 3.0.1 guide doesn't work in Linux

Highlighted

Sandbox HDP 3.0.1 guide doesn't work in Linux

New Contributor

I installed the Docker version of Sandbox HDP 3.0.1. Then I go to port 1080, 8080 and 4200 but none of them shows. 

I did add to /etc/hosts.

Also, Ambari doesn't run in the Sandbox. I tried to exec but it failed.

Password for ssh root port 2222 (hadoop) is not the right password.

This thread: https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Installed-sandbox-but-can-t-get-the-welcome-HDP-...

doesn't answer the question because it ends up suggesting using VM instead of Docker.

I think the official guide is very old and needs update. Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sandbox HDP 3.0.1 guide doesn't work in Linux

New Contributor
# start the docker container and proxy
if [ "$flavor" = "hdf" ]; then
 hostname="sandbox-hdf.hortonworks.com"
elif [ "$flavor" = "hdp" ]; then
 hostname="sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com"
fi

The operator "==" is a standard number operator in bash, but it is not a string operator.  Please fix the official installation script and change it to "=" because we are comparing string. Everything works after this. I have yet to try to ssh password.

Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Re: Sandbox HDP 3.0.1 guide doesn't work in Linux

Expert Contributor

@ecigar Did you follow instructions in Sandbox Deployment and Install Guide and Learning the Ropes of the HDP Sandbox?

Learning the Ropes will show you how to setup your /etc/hosts correctly - along with other good stuff.

There is also a short video describing the process: How to deploy sandbox using Docker

If you still have issues, please provide screenshots and deploy script output.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here