Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Select attribute with wildcard character

Explorer

Hi,

I am extracting image width and image height using ExtractImageMetadata processor and comparing the Image Width and Image Height with threshold value. If it is greater than the threshold value than I will resize the image. Attribute names, Image Width and Image Height is different for different image formats.

e.g. For .png

PNG-IHDR.Image Height
PNG-IHDR.Image Width

For .jpg

JPEG.Image Height 

JPEG.Image Width

I want to have a regular expression something like below. So that irrespective of image format, I will be able to compare the Image Width and Image Height.

${"*Image Width":ge(1000):and(${"*Image Height":ge(1000)})}

Above regular expression is not working as expected. Any input will be helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Biswa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@Biswa 

NiFi's Expression Language (EL) will not support wildcard in attribute subject names.

I suggest you pull height and width in to a set of standardized attribute names:

Use the UpdateAttribute processor advanced UI to create some rules.  Fore example:
if "PNG-IHDR.Image Height" attribute exists, create new attribute "image height" with value from "PNG-IHDR.Image Height"

Do the same for the other 3 unique attribute names, thus resulting in a static attribute subject names for height and width for use later in your flow for comparison/routing decisions.

Hope this helps,

Matt

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Mentor

@Biswa 

NiFi's Expression Language (EL) will not support wildcard in attribute subject names.

I suggest you pull height and width in to a set of standardized attribute names:

Use the UpdateAttribute processor advanced UI to create some rules.  Fore example:
if "PNG-IHDR.Image Height" attribute exists, create new attribute "image height" with value from "PNG-IHDR.Image Height"

Do the same for the other 3 unique attribute names, thus resulting in a static attribute subject names for height and width for use later in your flow for comparison/routing decisions.

Hope this helps,

Matt

New Contributor

@MattWho 
would it be possible to share this configuration inside the advanced UI?
I'm having the same problem and I haven't found any way to check if the "Image Height" exists.
Not even a way to get the value.

New Contributor

I managed to solve the problem.
Below is an example of what I used to get the value of the attributes using the advanced part of the "UpdateAttribute".

mfolco_1-1622517208748.png

Hope this helps.