Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Service 'hdfs' check failed-From Ambari

Contributor

Hi Team ,

After installing HDP using the Ambari , from Menu if I click on "File View" .

It get the " Issues detected Service 'hdfs' check failed" . With following exception .

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ClusterImpl.getConfigByType(ClusterImpl.java:71)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.hdfs.ConfigurationBuilder.copyPropertiesBySite(ConfigurationBuilder.java:203)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.hdfs.ConfigurationBuilder.buildConfig(ConfigurationBuilder.java:311)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.hdfs.HdfsApi.<init>(HdfsApi.java:68)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.hdfs.HdfsUtil.getHdfsApi(HdfsUtil.java:150)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.hdfs.HdfsUtil.connectToHDFSApi(HdfsUtil.java:138)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.commons.hdfs.HdfsService.hdfsSmokeTest(HdfsService.java:145)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.filebrowser.HelpService.hdfsStatus(HelpService.java:95)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Now all works . After deleting the old view .

Thanks a lot @Geoffrey Shelton Okot for helping and answering question very prompt .

View solution in original post

35 REPLIES 35

Master Mentor

@Kishore Kumar

Add these two property settings in core-site.xml. You can find that in the Ambari HDFS config section.

hadoop.proxyuser.hdp.hosts=*
hadoop.proxyuser.hdp.groups=* 

As root user

# su - hdfs 

Create the hdp user directory in hdfs

$hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/hdp 

Create permissions hdp user directory in hdfs

$hdfs dfs -chown hdp:hdfs 

For your information HDFS is a distributed File system so needless to say once created its accessible form all the cluster hosts using hdfs user !

Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Now all those errors are fixed with this and i could mostly all Views .

For Smart Sense view i am getting following error .

ster information associated with this view instance 20 Aug 2017 11:07:02,068 ERROR [ambari-client-thread-28] ViewRegistry:930 - Could not find the cluster identified by 2. 20 Aug 2017 11:07:02,070 ERROR [ambari-client-thread-28] ContainerResponse:419 - The RuntimeException could not be mapped to a response, re-throwing to the HTTP container org.apache.ambari.server.view.IllegalClusterException: Failed to get cluster information associated with this view instance at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ViewRegistry.getCluster(ViewRegistry.java:931) at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ViewContextImpl.getCluster(ViewContextImpl.java:370) at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ViewContextImpl.getPropertyValues(ViewContextImpl.java:437) at org.apache.ambari.server.view.ViewContextImpl.getProperties(ViewContextImpl.java:171) at com.hortonworks.support.tools.view.ServerProxy.buildHeaders(ServerProxy.java:243) at com.hortonworks.support.tools.view.ServerProxy.execute(ServerProxy.java:133) at com.hortonworks.support.tools.view.ServerProxy.execute(ServerProxy.java:112) at com.hortonworks.support.tools.view.ServerProxy.execute(ServerProxy.java:94)

Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Now all works . After deleting the old view .

Thanks a lot @Geoffrey Shelton Okot for helping and answering question very prompt .

Master Mentor

@Kishore Kumar

I am happy you can smile and progress with your project! Can you accept my answer and its advisable to open a new thread for the Smart Sense view.

If you are using admin as the login for Smartsense view make sure you have done the following

Add these two property settings in core-site.xml. You can find that in the Ambari HDFS config section.

hadoop.proxyuser.admin.hosts=*
hadoop.proxyuser.admin.groups=*

As root user

# su - hdfs 

Create the admin user directory in hdfs

$hdfs dfs -mkdir /user/admin 

Create permissions admin user directory in hdfs

$hdfs dfs -chown admin:hdfs 

Please revert

Master Mentor

@Kishore Kumar

Good to know that your Service hdfs check failed-From Ambari issue was resolved. Can you then accept my answer and open a new thread for the Smart Sense view issue.

This ensures that a thread doesn't span x pages and HCC members usually ignore very old threads. Rewarding answers also encourages members to respond and resolves issues .

New Contributor

do you used the "hdfs" keywords in your clusterName or hostName?

if you did it change it please!