Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Set a variable into context and retreive later using cron

Hello!

I have a flow that the first box is scheduled with cron. The cron is configured to execute every hour.

At the start of the flow, I have to read a variable that I have set at the end of the last execution.

How could I set a variable a variable at the end of the flow and how to read it at the start of the next execution?

I have searched a lot and I saw something about context variable and counters. Maybe is it a way?

Thanks!

Best regards,

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru
@robert cavalcante

You can use Put/Fetch Distributed Map Cache processors to set some value for the variable(attribute) at the end of flow then retrieve the already set value at starting of the flow.

Flow:

1.Trigger the flow with cron
2.FetchDistributedMapCache Processor //to fetch the value that got set up last execution
3.do some processing
4.PutDistributedMapCache Processor //set the new value for the variable

Refer to this link to configure/Usage of Put/Fetch DistributedMapCache processors.

-

If the Answer addressed your question, Click on Accept button below to accept the answer, That would be great help to Community users to find solution quickly for these kind of issues.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru
@robert cavalcante

You can use Put/Fetch Distributed Map Cache processors to set some value for the variable(attribute) at the end of flow then retrieve the already set value at starting of the flow.

Flow:

1.Trigger the flow with cron
2.FetchDistributedMapCache Processor //to fetch the value that got set up last execution
3.do some processing
4.PutDistributedMapCache Processor //set the new value for the variable

Refer to this link to configure/Usage of Put/Fetch DistributedMapCache processors.

-

If the Answer addressed your question, Click on Accept button below to accept the answer, That would be great help to Community users to find solution quickly for these kind of issues.

Thanks, this solution is was I needed!