Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Solr failing to collect audit and logs

Expert Contributor

Hello,

Have recently deployed a CDP 7.1.7 SP1 cluster and unable to figure out issues with Solr service. When I open Solr Admin UI, it does opens the UI but with red strips and no information related to system, logs, audits, collections, etc. Ideally we should be able to see some system info on the home page and also various logs when in Logging section, and so on.

I checked in logs but do not see any error.

Kindly help / guide on how this can be investigated.

Thanks

snm1523

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hello @snm1523 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. Generally, I have observed such "Red Lines" when the User isn't authorised rightly. Review the Ranger Permission against your Username & confirm if the right privileges are granted. Secondly, Try confirming if the Issue persists in Incognito/Private Browser mode to rule out any weird browser concerns. Third, SPNEGO is setup correctly. 

If the above Checks doesn't yield the Outcome expected, You may prefer opening a Support Case for our Support folks to engage with your Team for a quicker resolution. 

Regards, Smarak

Expert Contributor

Hello @smdas,

Thank you for the reply. 

I attempted you first suggestion to check permissions in Ranger policies. Doing this i found ranger authorization was not enabled in Solr, which I did and ensured policies are updated correctly and applied.

Still got the same problem and even in incognito mode.

not able to completely understand you third suggestion. How will I ensure that SPNEGO is properly configured.

Thanks

Sunil

Super Collaborator

Hello @snm1523 

Thanks for the Checks done so far. For SPNEGO, I was referring to [1]. This is based on the assumption that Kerberos is enabled for the Solr Service. If Yes, Kindly review [1]. 

Considering the AuthN is confirmed & SPNEGO Check would confirm AuthZ, I am unable to confirm additional factors, which may cause such issues as well. For Sanity Check, Your team is able to use the CLI [2] is working for your team correctly ? 

Regards, Smarak

[1] https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.7/security-how-to-guides/topics/cm-security-ena... 

[2] https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.7/search-solrctl-reference/topics/search-solrct...