Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Solr problem: Could not find configName for collection found:

Expert Contributor

Hi,

I am having a problem with my Solr on Ambari + HDP Stack (Find detailed environment information at the end of question).

My problem is the same as the one in this link.

When I try to create a collection through Solr or create an index through Hue using a csv file, I get the below error:

{ "message": "{\"responseHeader\":{\"status\":400,\"QTime\":16025},\"error\":{\"metadata\":[\"error-class\",\"org.apache.solr.common.SolrException\",\"root-error-class\",\"org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ZooKeeperException\"],\"msg\":\"Error CREATEing SolrCore 'deneme': Unable to create core [deneme] Caused by: Could not find configName for collection deneme found:[twitter_demo, testCollMoney, collection1]\",\"code\":400}}\n (error 400)", "traceback": [ [ "/usr/local/hue/desktop/libs/libsolr/src/libsolr/api.py", 541, "create_core", "response = self._root.post('admin/cores', params=params, contenttype='application/json')" ], [ "/usr/local/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/resource.py", 132, "post", "allow_redirects=allow_redirects, clear_cookies=clear_cookies)" ], [ "/usr/local/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/resource.py", 81, "invoke", "clear_cookies=clear_cookies)" ], [ "/usr/local/hue/desktop/core/src/desktop/lib/rest/http_client.py", 173, "execute", "raise self._exc_class(ex)" ] ], "detail": null, "title": "Error while accessing Solr" }

If I try to install examples on Hue, I get the below error:

"responseHeader":{"status":400,"QTime":7},"error":{"metadata":["error-class","org.apache.solr.common.SolrException","root-error-class","java.lang.ClassNotFoundException"],"msg":"Error CREATEing SolrCore 'twitter_demo': Unable to create core [twitter_demo] Caused by: solr.ThaiWordFilterFactory","code":400}}

The only was I can create a collection is uploading zookeeper config first then using ./solr create -c command (both manually on command line). I want to be able to create them over web ui.

Story: First I installed Solr on Ambari while existing Ambari Infra Solr was working. When doing this, Ambari was not starting Solr with /infra-solr Zookeeper path.

Today I removed Solr (keeping Infra-Solr but stopping it) on another host. Result was the same. One tip: even if this installation is a clean one, Solr installation canoeist the configs left from my very first manual Solr installation on tree view.

Environment:

Ambari: 2.4.2

HDP: 2.5.3

Solr: 6.4.0 from https://github.com/abajwa-hw/solr-stack (I changed the repo URL to 6.4.0)

Hue: 3.11 on Docker (Centos 6.8)

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Super Guru

@Sedat Kestepe

If you want to create collections using the API (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API#CollectionsAPI-CREATE:CreateaCollec...), the configuration (collection.configName) must already be stored in Zookeeper.

Expert Contributor

Hi @Michael Young,

Thank you for your answer.

I see that config must be uploaded first. But that's needed in my installation only. I guess it is not a manual step for expected installation. My question is why my installation needs such a manual step. I mean what kind of configuration is missing?

Super Guru

@Sedat Kestepe

This process is not specific to your configuration. The normal way to interact with Solr is to define a schema configuration for a collection and then create the collection using that configuration. The data_driven_schema_config is a schemaless configuraiton. This will allow you to push data to Solr without having to explicitly define every field in advance. However, Solr always requires that you create a collection that is associated with a configuration. The easy approach is to upload the data_driven_schema_config to Zookeeper and create all of your collections using that configuration.

If you use the command tool to create a collection, it will automatically upload the configuration to Zookeeper. If you have a standard config, such as data_driven_schema_configs, you can upload that config to Zookeeper. Then you can use the collection API to create collections multiple times using the same configuration.

You can read more here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Using+ZooKeeper+to+Manage+Configuration+Files

If you just want to upload your configs to Zookeeper, use:

$  bin/solr zk upconfig -n <name for configset> -d <path to directory with configset>

Then you can use the Collection API with the collection.configName parameter to refer to the configuration you uploaded in Zookeeper.

Expert Contributor

Currently command tool also fails with missing config error. I use zookeeper and something is missing on it but I couldn't find. I will review the document you've sent when I find free time. Thank you 🙂