Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Spark HBase Connector (SHC) job fails to connect to Zookeeper cause connection faillure to HBase

Contributor
spark-shell.txt

Hello,

I am trying to execute a basic code using the shc connector. It is a connector apparently provide by Hortonworks (in their github at least) that conveniently allows to insert/request data on HBase. So the code rework from the example of the project is building a Dataframe of fake data and try to insert it via the connector.

This is the hbase configuration:

screenshot-from-2017-01-31-13-47-21.png

The code is run under a spark shell which launching command line is the following:

spark-shell --master yarn \
            --deploy-mode client \
            --name "hive2hbase" \
            --repositories "http://repo.hortonworks.com/content/groups/public/" \
            --packages "com.hortonworks:shc-core:1.0.1-1.6-s_2.10" \
            --files "/usr/hdp/current/hbase-client/conf/hbase-site.xml,/usr/hdp/current/hive-client/conf/hive-site.xml" \
            --jars /usr/hdp/current/phoenix-client/phoenix-server.jar
            --driver-memory 1G \
            --executor-memory 1500m \
            --num-executors 8

The log of spark shell tells me that it correctly load the hbase-site.xml and hive-site.xml files. I also checked that the configuration of the zookeeper quorum is correct in the HBase configuration. However the zookeeper objects are failing to connect because they are trying quorum:localhost:2081 instead of the addresses of the one of the three zookeeper nodes.

As a consequence it also fails to give me the HBase connection that is needed.

Note: I already tried to erase from the zookeeper command line the configuration relative to hbase (/hbase-unsecure) and restart zookeeper so as to let him rebuild it but this solution fails also.

Thanks for any help that may be provided

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Samuel,

Just for the sake of narrowing down the issue, can you add the hbase-site.xml, hive-site.xml to SPARK_CLASSPATH and retry ?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Contributor

Samuel,

Just for the sake of narrowing down the issue, can you add the hbase-site.xml, hive-site.xml to SPARK_CLASSPATH and retry ?

Contributor

I thought that's what I did 😉 What is the purpose of adding the files to spark-shell by --files option if it is not to add it to the spark classpath.

You said: "can you add the hbase-site.xml, hive-site.xml to SPARK_CLASSPATH and retry ?"

How do you do this ?

Note: please see the next post for hive-site.xml and hbase-site.xml

Many thanks for your answer.

Super Collaborator

--files will add it to the working directory of the YARN app master and container and this would mean that those files (and not jars) would be in the classpath of the app master and container. But in client mode jobs the main driver code is running in the client machine. So these --files are not available on the driver. SPARK_CLASSPATH adds these files to the driver classpath. Its an env var. So one could say the following. Note it will warn saying its deprecated and cannot be used concurrently with --driver-class-path option. More information can be found here.

https://github.com/hortonworks-spark/shc

export SPARK_CLASSPATH=/a/b/c/hbase-site.xml;/d/e/f/hive-site.xml

Contributor

Thanks for your advice it seems this is the problem.

As a test I ran the example of the shc connector here with --master yarn-cluster and --master yarn-client and this was the problem. The quorum are respectively found/not found in each test. So spark doest not have the file in its path when working as a client.

Super Guru
@samuel sayag

The error you are getting is this

Unable to set watcher on znode (/hbase/hbaseid)

Is your zookeeper running? If yes, please share your hbase-site.xml.

Contributor

My zookeeper is running green on the ambari. I am able to hbase shell from the node where I launch the spark-shell.

No problem. Here it is:

hbase-site.xml,

hive-site.xml

Super Guru

@samuel sayag

what is this script element in your hbase-site.xml and hive-site.xml. Can you please remove that and try it again?

Contributor

I don't see no script element in these files. What do you mean ?

Super Guru

I see following in your hbase-site.xml when I open it.

<script data-x-lastpass="">
(function(){var c=0;if("undefined"!==typeof CustomEvent&&"function"===typeof window.dispatchEvent){var a=function(a){try{if("object"===typeof a&&(a=JSON.stringify(a)),"string"===typeof a)return window.dispatchEvent(new CustomEvent("lprequeststart",{detail:{data:a,requestID:++c}})),c}catch(f){}},b=function(a){try{window.dispatchEvent(new CustomEvent("lprequestend",{detail:a}))}catch(f){}};"undefined"!==typeof XMLHttpRequest&&XMLHttpRequest.prototype&&XMLHttpRequest.prototype.send&&(XMLHttpRequest.prototype.send= function(c){return function(f){var d=this,e=a(f);e&&d.addEventListener("loadend",function(){b({requestID:e,statusCode:d.status})});return c.apply(d,arguments)}}(XMLHttpRequest.prototype.send));"function"===typeof fetch&&(fetch=function(c){return function(f,d){var e=a(d),g=c.apply(this,arguments);if(e){var h=function(a){b({requestID:e,statusCode:a&&a.status})};g.then(h)["catch"](h)}return g}}(fetch))}})(); (function(){if("undefined"!==typeof CustomEvent){var c=function(a){if(a.lpsubmit)return a;var b=function(){try{this.dispatchEvent(new CustomEvent("lpsubmit"))}catch(k){}return a.apply(this,arguments)};b.lpsubmit=!0;return b};window.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",function(){if(document&&document.forms&&0<document.forms.length)for(var a=0;a<document.forms.length;++a)document.forms[a].submit=c(document.forms[a].submit)},!0);document.createElement=function(a){return function(){var b=a.apply(this, arguments);b&&"FORM"===b.nodeName&&b.submit&&(b.submit=c(b.submit));return b}}(document.createElement)}})();
</script>