Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Spark Upgrade - How to get dependent components

Expert Contributor

I have upgraded HDP from 2.3 to 2.4 in TEST environment and I see there is a change in spark between these versions.

How can I get the list of jobs that uses spark currently ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru

@Kumar Veerappan

Your question caption asked about dependent components. Your question description asked about list of jobs that use spark currently. I assume that you mean you actually meant spark applications (AKA jobs) running on the cluster. If you have access to Ambari, you could click on Yarn link then on Quick Links and then on Resource Manager UI. That assumes your Spark runs over Yarn. Otherwise, you could go directly to Resource Manager UI. You would need to know the IP Address of the server where ResourceManager runs, as well as the port. Default is 8088.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Guru

@Kumar Veerappan

Your question caption asked about dependent components. Your question description asked about list of jobs that use spark currently. I assume that you mean you actually meant spark applications (AKA jobs) running on the cluster. If you have access to Ambari, you could click on Yarn link then on Quick Links and then on Resource Manager UI. That assumes your Spark runs over Yarn. Otherwise, you could go directly to Resource Manager UI. You would need to know the IP Address of the server where ResourceManager runs, as well as the port. Default is 8088.