Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sqoop Connector - HDP 2.5

Rising Star

Hello guys, I'm having problems listing databases of SQL Server with the command:

sqoop list-databases --connect jdbc:sqlserver://ip:1433/ --username hadoop --password mypassword

I'm getting the error:

Error loading ManagerFactory information from file /usr/hdp/2.5.0.0-1245/sqoop/conf/managers.d/td_connector.txt: java.io.IOException: Could not load jar /usr/hdp/current/sqoop-client/lib/sqljdbc41.jar into JVM
I also tried many other combinations of commands but none of them work.

I have 2 jars, the sqljdbc41.jar and sqljdbc42.jar in /usr/hdp/current/sqoop-client/lib/, and i haved modified the td_connector.txt to:

com.microsoft.sqoop.SqlServer.MSSQLServerManagerFactory = /usr/hdp/current/sqoop-client/lib/sqljdbc41.jar

What i'm doing wrong, or what am i missing? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

Can you include only one or the other jar in the lib. What java version is loaded on your cluster? If you are using Java 7 use jdbc41 if Java 8 then use jdbc42. using lower JRE will throw an error. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=microsoft+jdbc+jar

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Master Mentor

Can you include only one or the other jar in the lib. What java version is loaded on your cluster? If you are using Java 7 use jdbc41 if Java 8 then use jdbc42. using lower JRE will throw an error. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=microsoft+jdbc+jar

Rising Star

I have version 8 of Java, and i removed now the jdbc41 but i'm getting the same error... What shoud i have in td_connector.txt? Thanks

Master Mentor

Can you try without the file all together? Also want to make sure the jar in that file reference sqljdbc42 not 41 as your example.

Rising Star

So, with file mentioning sqljdbc42 i got the same error. Without the file, i have less errors as described in the image. error.png

Master Mentor

Make sure your file is readable and complete, meaning you downloaded the jdbc jar correctly. Also try using --driver com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver and --direct

That should improve performance

Rising Star

Finally it worked!!

For some reason the file was corrupted... i checked it with ls -la nameof.jar and do not match with the real size of jar.

So, i downloaded again from microsoft, uploaded to dropbox to get the link (with wget), becauce i could't extract directly via microsoft. and decompressed with tar -xzvf nameof.tar.gz command. After that, just copy the jar that i need to /usr/hdp/current/sqoop-client/lib, with the command cp sqljdbc42.jar /usr/hdp/current/sqoop-client/lib Thanks for your help

Master Mentor

Excellent, please mark the answer as accepted to close the thread.

New Contributor

@Artem Ervits and @Francisco Pires,
I am facing the same problem. I am using the ambari-sandbox on VmWare.
I have downloaded sqljdbc.jar on my windows and then copy it to /usr/local by using WinSCP.
then i try to copy this jar file to /usr/hdp/current/sqoop-client/lib so i got an error

Copy command:
[root@sandbox-hdp local]# cp /usr/local/sqljdbc42.jar /usr/hdp/current/sqoop-client/lib

Error:
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/sqljdbc42.jar': No such file or directory

As you can see that sqljdbc42.jar is available in /usr/local folder...
Please help me out

64495-capture.jpg