Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Sqoop Import to Hive Table : Loading data to HDFS dir only and NOT moving to Hive table

Highlighted

Sqoop Import to Hive Table : Loading data to HDFS dir only and NOT moving to Hive table

Contributor

I am running sqoop import job to load data into hive table from Sql Server database, but after completion of job everytime data is stored on /user/<user-name>/<table-name> hdfs directory only.

I also tried to set --target-dir to /tmp for temporarily storing data before moving to hive table, but no success and data is still moved to /user/<user-name>/<table-name> hdfs directory.

sqoop import \
--connect "jdbc:sqlserver://<server-name>:<port-no>;database=<database-name>" \
--username <user-name> \
-P \
--table <table-name> \
-- --schema <schema-name> \
--hive-import \
--hive-database <hive-database-name> \
--hive-table <hive-table-name> \
-m 1

Stack details:

HDP3.0

Sqoop1.4

Hive3.1

Is there anything I am missing?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Sqoop Import to Hive Table : Loading data to HDFS dir only and NOT moving to Hive table

Mentor

@Shantanu Sharma

I answered a similar question just recently see the HCC thread

Let me know

HTH

Re: Sqoop Import to Hive Table : Loading data to HDFS dir only and NOT moving to Hive table

Mentor

@Shantanu Sharma

Any updates on this thread, if the above steps helped you resolve the issue, please "Accept" the answer to close the thread so other HCC members could reference it.

Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Unfortunately issue still persists, but I got some insight from other comments in this post. I am also getting Kafka-Atlas Hook errors although job is completing successfully. I am still working on that and keep the group posted.

FYI: schema parameter in sqoop take double hyphen twice (-- --schema), it takes schema name for RDBMS database.