Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Sqoop: Importing from SQL Server throwing “The TCP/IP connection to the host x.x.x.x, port 1433 has failed”

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Re: Sqoop: Importing from SQL Server throwing “The TCP/IP connection to the host x.x.x.x, port 1433 has failed”

Mentor

@Luis Antonio Torres has this been resolved? Can you post your solution or accept best answer?

Highlighted

Re: Sqoop: Importing from SQL Server throwing “The TCP/IP connection to the host x.x.x.x, port 1433 has failed”

Rising Star

@Artem Ervits yes, this has been resolved but I didn't accept my own answer because we never found out what exactly was wrong. The issue merely stopped occurring after we reinstalled HDP on a server with no virtualization - I detail this in my answer. In any case, I've accepted my own answer as a reference, for the benefit of others.Thanks!

Highlighted

New Contributor

@Luis Antonio Torres Listing databases (Sqoop eval) just needs the Namenode access to sql server. Whereas, for import/export (mapreduce tasks) Datanodes also need to have access to the sqlserver. I know your issue is resolved and this is a late reply but someone else might be looking for this in future.