Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sqoop import remaining tables into HDFS

Explorer

I have a database that contains about 830 tables. I tried doing a sqoop import-all-tables and it imported about 150 tables and failed on one table.

1. Is there a way for me to specify exclusions in the sqoop command?

2. How do I sqoop import the remaining 680 tables? When i use the same sqoop command, it fails as it specifies that some tables are already exisiting?

Here is the sqoop command used:

sqoop import-all-tables --connect "jdbc:sqlserver://192.169.108.64;database=axios; username=sqoop;password=hadoop" --warehouse-dir=/user/Axios -m 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mahadevan Swamy

You can use --exclude-tables <tables> Option [Comma separated list of tables to exclude from import process] with the sqoop import-all-tables command.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Mahadevan Swamy

You can use --exclude-tables <tables> Option [Comma separated list of tables to exclude from import process] with the sqoop import-all-tables command.

Hope this helps.

@Mahadevan Swamy

Did the above mentioned property helped in addressing your query? If yes, Could you please login and mark this answer as "Accept" to close this thread.

Explorer

But how come one write 150 tables in exclude-tables argument, is there any other alternative for mentioning these many tables in exclude-tables argument.

Community Manager

@harsh8 , as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer

Sure Vidya , Thank you