Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Sqoop jobs ask for passward even when record password is set to true in sqoop-site.xml

Expert Contributor

I have created some sqoop jobs and have set record password to true. I am running these jobs through oozie. I have 10-12 jobs which I am running from oozie and after executing around 6-7 jobs, it throws

Could not connect to user@host (using password NO).

How come it stops using the recorded password after executing a couple of times? When I recreate job again, ti works fine a couple of time 'and then again the same problem with the same error.

I really need to know what is causing this issue?There has to be a valid reason for this,ain't it? Recreating the job is certainly not the fix neither is restarting the SQL server I am connecting to.

My sqoop jobs look like this:

sqoop job --meta-connect jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://FQDN:16000/sqoop --create sample_job -- import --driver com.mysql.jdbc.Driver --connect jdbc:mysql://IP/db?zeroDateTimeBehavior=convertToNull --username USERNAME --password 'PASSWORD' --table tableName --merge-key id --split-by id --hive-import --hive-overwrite --hive-database erpdb

My typical sqoop job execution command look like this in workflow:

job --meta-connect jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://FQDN:16000/sqoop  --exec sample_job -- --warehouse-dir DIRNAME
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

Alright! It took fair amount of time to come up with this fix. I have shared the problem with an elaborate solution here:http://www.yourtechchick.com/sqoop/sqoop-job-fails-to-record-password-after-running-for-the-first-ti...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

Alright! It took fair amount of time to come up with this fix. I have shared the problem with an elaborate solution here:http://www.yourtechchick.com/sqoop/sqoop-job-fails-to-record-password-after-running-for-the-first-ti...