Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Status of Camus

Master Guru

What's the status of Camus? It has been considered a new, great way to transfer and sync data from Kafka to HDFS. Do we have any working examples, and what's the prevailing opinion. Is it fully compatible with Kafka packaged in HDP? Because it's distributed together with Confluent version of Kafka. And, finally there is now Goblin, is it just a new name for Camus or a new project?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Camus is effectively dead or dying. I haven't really seen much of a strong community develop around it since LinkedIn moved on really.

Goblin which is indeed a brand new project that seems to have all of LinkedIn' focus.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Camus is effectively dead or dying. I haven't really seen much of a strong community develop around it since LinkedIn moved on really.

Goblin which is indeed a brand new project that seems to have all of LinkedIn' focus.

I can confirm, haven't heard Camus name mentioned in real-life discussions in a long time.

Master Guru

Hi @drussell and @Andrew Grande, thank you for your responses. If Camus is dead, is Goblin the best way to move data from Kafka to HDFS? Camus has some nice features like topic discovery, partitioning, load balancing etc. I hope Goblin offers them too.