Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Storm: How to remove / delete a topology from Storm?

Expert Contributor

storm-kill.png

I currently have WordCount and Exclamation Topology on my Storm. Now, I would like to remove Exclamation from Storm UI. I tried storm kill ExclamationTopology but then I still see this Topology on Storm UI. Please guide me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

When you kill the topology you can specify a time that storm should wait before removing the topology completely. The default value for this wait time is 30 second. Can you verify that you are actually seeing the topology even after 30 seconds have elapsed or if you specify wait time explicitly , are you seeing the topology even after that time has elapsed?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Explorer

When you kill the topology you can specify a time that storm should wait before removing the topology completely. The default value for this wait time is 30 second. Can you verify that you are actually seeing the topology even after 30 seconds have elapsed or if you specify wait time explicitly , are you seeing the topology even after that time has elapsed?

Expert Contributor

Thanks @pbrahmbhatt

Yes, it disappeared after a while but then I changed the command to storm kill Exclamation (basically the name I see on Storm UI as opposed to ExclamationTopology)