Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Stream Twitter data using Apache NIFI

Stream Twitter data using Apache NIFI

Explorer

Hello,

I have designed data flow to fetch data from twitter and put in kafka.

Getting data in json format but not user specific.

1) That processor stream live Twitter data or old data?

2) If processor stream live data then how to stream old data ?

3) How to fetch user specific incremental data using gettwitter processor ?

4) If my flow failed some times then how to stream that specific time and live data using gettwitter processor ?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Stream Twitter data using Apache NIFI

@Mitthu Wagh

1) That processor stream live Twitter data or old data?

The GetTwitter processor streams live Twitter data. I actually used this processor for a meetup recently and ask audience to send tweets with certain hashtag.

2) If processor stream live data then how to stream old data ?

This processor does not allow to stream old data. I suggest you check twitter api and see which is the actual rest api you need to use to do this. Then perhaps code some jython script and call it using ExecuteScript processor.

3) How to fetch user specific incremental data using gettwitter processor ?

Same as 2 you need to build your own processor or create executable script and call it

4) If my flow failed some times then how to stream that specific time and live data using gettwitter processor ?

Since is live stream if the gettwitter processor was down you wont be able to read the old messages anymore.

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here