Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Submitting a topology to storm cluster - Required field 'nimbus_uptime_secs' is unset!

New Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to submit a topology on storm cluster using StormSubmitter , however I got the following error: [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:1.2.1:java (default-cli) on project realtime_piplines: An exception occured while executing the Java class. null: InvocationTargetException: org.apache.thrift7.protocol.TProtocolException: Required field 'nimbus_uptime_secs' is unset! I am running HDP 2.3.4 with Storm version '0.10.0' on RHEL 6.5.

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Yuri Chemolosov @Artem Ervits one of the workarounds I think of is to make storm-0.11-SNAPSHOT as dependency at the client side for the topology and use the StormSubmitter for 0.11-SNAPSHOT version.

add the following repository in your pom.xml https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/ to get the latest snapshot for storm.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

New Contributor

Thanks all,

Changing storm version (by downgrading), setting the nimbus_uptime_secs did not work for me. However, I have managed to deploy the topology remotly, 2 things I did:

1. Used storm client instead of run the topology using mvn exec:java

2. Removed configuration from source code and configure ~/.storm/storm.yaml instead.

Now I have hive, hdfs bolts and kafka spout only working in the local mode, I will investigate, help is appreciated.

Thanks again

Explorer

Solution is to tell your build/submit tool to use the storm library from HDP repository. Here how it is described for streamparse

New Contributor

Thank you, it worked fine.