Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

System didnt work after installing NiFi. Cant restart services

Hello together,

i want to do the tutorial for sentiment Analysis. But after the first step of installing NiFi my system doesnt work correct anymore. i cant restart all the services and when i try all services got yellow and out of heartbeat. At the moment SNameNode from HDFS is stopped, HBase Master and NiFi Server also. Is it possible to start them through command line or does anyone have an idea how i get this system back to work to continue the tutorial ? iam already afraid of installing solr and need to restart again.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards, Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Sounds like this is a sandbox issue of being in safe mode, you can confirm this by reviewing the logs. If this is the case you can exit by:

bin/hadoop fs -safemode leave
To start hdfs manually: 
su -l hdfs -c "/usr/hdp/current/hadoop-hdfs-namenode/../hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh start namenode"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Mentor

@Martin van Husen

I can only speak to any NiF issues here, but what do you mean by "my system doesn't work correct anymore"? If you stop NiFi, does your system go back to normal? Perhaps you do not have enough resources to run all these services on your machine.

Matt

i mean that now every time i start the sandbox hdfs hbase nifi and some other services are red. i can start nifi and hbase manually. at hdfs only the snamenode is stopped and i cant start it manually. i will just try to continue the tutorial now.

Thanks for the answer

Rising Star

Sounds like this is a sandbox issue of being in safe mode, you can confirm this by reviewing the logs. If this is the case you can exit by:

bin/hadoop fs -safemode leave
To start hdfs manually: 
su -l hdfs -c "/usr/hdp/current/hadoop-hdfs-namenode/../hadoop/sbin/hadoop-daemon.sh start namenode"

Hey eorgad, thx for your answer. i tried to leave safemode now with the command hdfs dfsadmin -safemode leave.

But now it says access denied for user root. superuser privilege is required. iam logged in as ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 2222

iam out of safemode now with:

sudo -u hdfs hdfs dfsadmin -safemode leave