Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

TIP: when you get a message in job log user [Dr. Who] is not authorized to view the log

Master Mentor

here's the message

355-error-message.png

here's a quick fix, replace root with the user executing the job

356-correction.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

This should help:

PROBLEM Customer unable to see logs via Resource Manager UI due to incorrect permissions for the default user dr.who.

RESOLUTION Customer changed the following property in core-site.xml to resolve the issue. Other values such as hdfs or mapred also resolve the issue. If the cluster is managed by Ambari, this should be added in Ambari > HDFS > Configurations >Advanced core-site > Add Property

hadoop.http.staticuser.user=yarn

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Contributor

@rmolina, Just a note on the Section to add the property.

It is Ambari > HDFS > Configurations >Custom core-site > Add Property

I believe, Adding properties under Advanced Core site is not possible.

Expert Contributor

Just want to add to this post, there is actually lots of ways to fix this issue, but the root cause of the issue on Sandbox is that setting "yarn.acl.enable" to true. It should be set to false since, which is what Ambari does by default for non secure clusters. The Sandbox team is looking into this and probably fix in the next update sometime in January. Bug reference is BUG-48765

New Contributor

Thanks it worked for me !

Rising Star

what is dr.who ? Can some one explain me

I saw in my environment for yarn.admin.acl - yarn, dr.who

Contributor

@hari Kishore javvaji

Dr.who is the default username/static for hadoop core property : "hadoop.htttp.staticuser.user"

The description say's : The user name to filter as, on static web filters while rendering content. An example use is the HDFS web UI (user to be used for browsing files) See this: [1] http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.8.0/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/core-default.xml

Hope this answered your question.