Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

TezSessionManager - Exception while waiting for Tez client to be ready

Rising Star

Hi folks,

I'm following HDP Hello World tutorial. In Lab 3 when I execute the PIG script by checking "Execute on Tez" checkbox I got the following error. I think I have a configuration issue.

Have an idea?

I've attached the log file.

Thanks

Özgür

[PigTezLauncher-0] ERROR org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager - Exception while waiting for Tez client to be ready 
 org.apache.tez.dag.api.TezUncheckedException: Invalid configuration of tez jars, tez.lib.uris is not defined in the configuration 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClientUtils.setupTezJarsLocalResources(TezClientUtils.java:168) 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.getTezJarResources(TezClient.java:841) 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.start(TezClient.java:380) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager.createSession(TezSessionManager.java:96) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager.getClient(TezSessionManager.java:211) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezJob.run(TezJob.java:158) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezLauncher$1.run(TezLauncher.java:195) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) 
 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 
 2016-01-25 11:06:57,500 [PigTezLauncher-0] ERROR org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezJob - Cannot submit DAG 

tezerror.txt

33 REPLIES 33

Master Guru

There are different possibilities. Normally this means the tez libraries are not present in HDFS. Are you using the sandbox?

You should check if the tez client is installed on your pig client, if the tez-site.xml contains the tez.lib.uris property and if the tez libraries are actually in HDFS and valid ( download them and untar to check ) /hdp/apps/<hdp_version>/tez/tez.tar.gz

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.2/bk_installing_manually_book/content/ref-ffe...

Rising Star

Thanks @Benjamin Leonhardi 🙂

No not sandbox, I have 6 node vm cluster, 3 data, 2 master and 1 ambari server. 2.3.4 is HDP version, 2.2 is Ambari version.

I have no error on Ambari, I have a TEZ 0.7.0.2.3.4.0-1310 instance.

I'll use hadoof fs -ls when checking right? if you can give a hint, it'll be great...

I'll check the link you sent.

Appreciate your help.

Regards.

Master Mentor
@Özgür Akdemirci

Plesse see this

2016-01-25 11:33:01,324 [PigTezLauncher-0] INFO org.apache.tez.client.TezClientUtils - Using tez.lib.uris value from configuration: /hdp/apps/2.3.2.0-2950/tez/tez.tar.gz

job-1453721160224-0004-logs.txt

Master Mentor

1528-screen-shot-2016-01-25-at-63551-am.png

Make sure you have the above entry under Tez

Master Mentor

location /usr/hdp/2.3.4.0-3276/tez/lib/tez.tar.gz

[root@phdns02 conf]# hdfs dfs -ls /hdp/apps/2.3.4.0-3276/tez

Found 1 items

-r--r--r-- 1 hdfs hadoop 58357866 2015-11-19 11:36 /hdp/apps/2.3.4.0-3276/tez/tez.tar.gz

[root@phdns02 conf]#

Master Mentor

@Özgür Akdemirci Did you see the job log that I attached?

Rising Star

@Neeraj SabharwalI've checked, but I didnot understand ;),

It's a successful job log for your cluster I think...

Master Mentor

@Özgür Akdemirci It made the call to tez uri. In your case, it cannot fine files related to tez.lib.uri

2016-01-25 11:33:01,324 [PigTezLauncher-0] INFO org.apache.tez.client.TezClientUtils - Using tez.lib.uris value from configuration: /hdp/apps/2.3.2.0-2950/tez/tez.tar.gz

Rising Star

That's ok, but I've sent images, as you can see there files exist.

Thanks anyway...