Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

TezSessionManager - Exception while waiting for Tez client to be ready

Rising Star

Hi folks,

I'm following HDP Hello World tutorial. In Lab 3 when I execute the PIG script by checking "Execute on Tez" checkbox I got the following error. I think I have a configuration issue.

Have an idea?

I've attached the log file.

Thanks

Özgür

[PigTezLauncher-0] ERROR org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager - Exception while waiting for Tez client to be ready 
 org.apache.tez.dag.api.TezUncheckedException: Invalid configuration of tez jars, tez.lib.uris is not defined in the configuration 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClientUtils.setupTezJarsLocalResources(TezClientUtils.java:168) 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.getTezJarResources(TezClient.java:841) 
 	at org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.start(TezClient.java:380) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager.createSession(TezSessionManager.java:96) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezSessionManager.getClient(TezSessionManager.java:211) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezJob.run(TezJob.java:158) 
 	at org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezLauncher$1.run(TezLauncher.java:195) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) 
 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) 
 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) 
 2016-01-25 11:06:57,500 [PigTezLauncher-0] ERROR org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.tez.TezJob - Cannot submit DAG 

tezerror.txt

33 REPLIES 33

Master Guru

wrote as an answer because of the character limit:

yes first go into ambari or perhaps better the OS and search for the tez.lib.uris property in the properties file

less /etc/tez/conf/tez-site.xml

You should find something like this:

<value>/hdp/apps/${hdp.version}/tez/tez.tar.gz</value>

if this is not available you may have a different problem. ( Tez client not installed some configuration issue)

You can then check if these files exist in HDFS with

hadoop fs -ls /hdp/apps/

find the version number for example 2.3.2.0-2950

[root@sandbox ~]# hadoop fs -ls /hdp/apps/2.3.2.0-2950/tez

Found 1 items

-r--r--r-- 3 hdfs hadoop 56926645 2015-10-27 14:40 /hdp/apps/2.3.2.0-2950/tez/tez.tar.gz

You can check if this file is corrupted somehow with

hadoop fs -get /hdp/apps/2.3.2.0-2950/tez/tez.tar.gz

You can then try to untar it to see if that works.

If the file doesn't exist in HDFS you can find it in the installation directory of HDP (/usr/hdp/2.3.2.0-2950/tez/lib/tez.tar.gz on the local filesystem ) You could then put it into hdfs

Rising Star

Thanks @Benjamin Leonhardi

ssh-tez.png I get the tar, and untar it without an error.

Thanks @Neeraj Sabharwal I have that setting.

tez-ok.png

Rising Star

The last row gives the error, If it's commented out, no error.

It must be about hive configuration. I'm using mysql jdbc jars. I'll check for it...

a = LOAD 'geolocation' using org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader();

b = filter a by event != 'normal';

c = foreach b generate driverid, event, (int) '1' as occurance;

d = group c by driverid;

e = foreach d generate group as driverid, SUM(c.occurance) as t_occ;

g = LOAD 'drivermileage' using org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader();

h = join e by driverid, g by driverid; final_data = foreach h generate $0 as driverid, $1 as events, $3 as totmiles, (float) $3/$1 as riskfactor;

/*store final_data into 'riskfactor' using org.apache.hive.hcatalog.pig.HCatStorer();*/

Master Mentor

Rising Star

Master Mentor
@Özgür Akdemirci

you're saving a relation riskfactor and then you're trying to store final_data into it. Riskfactor is already used. Try giving the output a new name.

Rising Star

The pig script is from helloworld tutorial indeed,just copied and pasted. The first one is a column name, the second is an orc table i created in hive. But i'll change the values and try. Hope its the reason. Thanks @Artem Ervits

But tomorrow ;(

also tried to out to an hdfs file. Same error.

u may be right ;)ihope

Master Mentor

@Özgür Akdemirci there are a lot of comments on the tutorial similar to your issues. I'm actually wrong and leading you on a wrong path. Try to read the comments under the tutorial, did you try to run with -useHCatalog? It is case sensitive.

Rising Star

@Artem Ervits I've already tried -useHCatalog. I'll read other comments, hope thereis a solution. there were 2 pig clients 3 tez clients on my servers, i installed one more pig client. But that did not solve either. I read a bug fix about that.

. Thanks..

Rising Star

Hi guys, have a great day,

Is there any place on ambari, that I can check environment variables like PIG_CLASSPATH, CLASSPATH etc, do they exist?

I validate my pig installation by this Pig validation

and tez by tez validation both are ok, when checked alone they are working. 😄

but my pig script does not work on tez, After reading Pig on Tez Mode link I come to this point, check these environment variables.

@Artem Ervits I read the comments, they are different than mine... 😞