Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Trouble creating a process group through the REST API, keep getting back a 409 Conflict

New Contributor

I am trying to post a process group to NIFI using the REST API. I am local, so there is no authentication (yet) and everything is done as 'anonymous'. I am able to create a process group normally via the drag and drop. I am also up to do a PUT on an existing process group and a GET to retrieve all current process groups. My POST always returns a 409 Conflict (the name is unique for the new process group).

My header values are as follows:

Content-Type:application/json

Content-Encoding:gzip

and my JSON body looks like this:

{ "revision": { "version": 0}, "processGroup": { "position": { "x": 2, "y": 2 }, "parentGroupId": "<my-parent-group-id>", "name": "SuperAwesomeProcessGroup", "parent": { "id": "<my-parent-group-id>", "name": "NiFi Flow" } } }

My POST URL is:

http://<host-url>:<host-port>/nifi-api/controller/process-groups/<my-parent-group-id>/process-group-...

This also fails if I use curl.

I am running version 0.7.4 of NIFI.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Trouble creating a process group through the REST API, keep getting back a 409 Conflict

You may want to open Chrome Dev Tools (or the tools of whatever browser) and look at the requests being made when you create a new process group in the UI. This will show you exactly what is submitted for the POST request and you can see if you are missing something from yours.

Re: Trouble creating a process group through the REST API, keep getting back a 409 Conflict

Explorer

Where in Chrome DEVELOPER Tools can i see? Can you please paste a screenshot.
I have created a processor group and ran it in NIFI UI. But i don't see any commands being executed in Developer tools.
May be i am looking in wrong place.