Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Uanble to start Hbase

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Uanble to start Hbase

Explorer

Hi Team,

We are unable to start Hbase.

We are using Hadoop 3.0.1 on Isilon One FS

Error Message :

Creating: Resource [source=null, target=/apps/hbase/data, type=directory, action=create, owner=hbase-xxxxx, group=null, mode=null, recursiveChown=false, recursiveChmod=false, changePermissionforParents=false, manageIfExists=true] in default filesystem
Exception occurred, Reason: Unexpected error: status: STATUS_MEDIA_WRITE_PROTECTED = 0xC00000A2  with path="/apps/hbase/data", username=hbase-xxxxx, groupname=
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): Unexpected error: status: STATUS_MEDIA_WRITE_PROTECTED = 0xC00000A2  with path="/apps/hbase/data", username=hbase-xxxxx, groupname=
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getRpcResponse(Client.java:1497)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Uanble to start Hbase

Expert Contributor

Sure, don't forget to close this thread my accepting this as solution once you done.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

@ARVINDR I guess the error "STATUS_MEDIA_WRITE_PROTECTED = 0xC00000A2" is not a Hadoop error message. This error is from Isilon as per the error codes listed in:

http://emc-isilon.github.io/pike/api/index.html

https://emc-isilon.github.io/pike/api/pike.ntstatus.Status-class.html

To resolve this error, check the Isilon Namenode logs.

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks @GangWar 

We'll check with Isilon team on this..

Highlighted

Expert Contributor

Sure, don't forget to close this thread my accepting this as solution once you done.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here