Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Uanble to start Hbase

Explorer

Hi Team,

We are unable to start Hbase.

We are using Hadoop 3.0.1 on Isilon One FS

Error Message :

Creating: Resource [source=null, target=/apps/hbase/data, type=directory, action=create, owner=hbase-xxxxx, group=null, mode=null, recursiveChown=false, recursiveChmod=false, changePermissionforParents=false, manageIfExists=true] in default filesystem
Exception occurred, Reason: Unexpected error: status: STATUS_MEDIA_WRITE_PROTECTED = 0xC00000A2  with path="/apps/hbase/data", username=hbase-xxxxx, groupname=
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.io.IOException): Unexpected error: status: STATUS_MEDIA_WRITE_PROTECTED = 0xC00000A2  with path="/apps/hbase/data", username=hbase-xxxxx, groupname=
	at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client.getRpcResponse(Client.java:1497)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

Sure, don't forget to close this thread my accepting this as solution once you done.

Cheers,

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Master Guru

@ARVINDR I guess the error "STATUS_MEDIA_WRITE_PROTECTED = 0xC00000A2" is not a Hadoop error message. This error is from Isilon as per the error codes listed in:

http://emc-isilon.github.io/pike/api/index.html

https://emc-isilon.github.io/pike/api/pike.ntstatus.Status-class.html

To resolve this error, check the Isilon Namenode logs.

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Explorer

Thanks @GangWar 

We'll check with Isilon team on this..

Master Guru

Sure, don't forget to close this thread my accepting this as solution once you done.

Cheers,

Cheers!