Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ubuntu 16.04 compatible with Ambari

Contributor

I tried to install Ambari into 16.04 Lubuntu. The ambari version was 2.2.1.1

While registering with the UI wizard, an Ambari agent… the following error occurred from: /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log

INFO 2016-05-01 01:01:03,673 NetUtil.py:60 - Connecting to https://salvob1:8440/connection_infoINFO 2016-05-01 01:01:04,165 security.py:99 - SSL Connect being called.. connecting to the serverINFO 2016-05-01 01:01:04,792 security.py:60 - SSL connection established. Two-way SSL authentication is turned off on the server.ERROR 2016-05-01 01:01:05,197 Controller.py:165 - Cannot register host with not supported os type, hostname=salvob2, serverOsType=ubuntu16, agentOsType=ubuntu16INFO 2016-05-01 01:01:05,199 Controller.py:394 - Registration response from salvob1 was FAILED

I wonder if and when is gonna be available a fix for this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

No testing or certification has been done with Ubuntu 16. We currently certify Ubuntu 12 and 14 with Ambari.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Guru

16.04 was only released on 21st of this month. OS level support requires a lot of testing. While workarounds might come sooner, official support will take some time. ( I don't have the any timeline for this if that is what you are looking for)

Contributor

No testing or certification has been done with Ubuntu 16. We currently certify Ubuntu 12 and 14 with Ambari.

New Contributor

any workarounds for this?

Explorer

Ran into the same problem. I will need to do a fresh installation on my VM's using 14.04. It will be good to know when 16.04 is compartible.

New Contributor

I found a workaround only for client nodes, after install ambari-agent manually, stop the ambari-agent, change the python file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/Facter.py like this:

# Returns the OS name
  def getKernel(self):
    #return platform.system()
    return "ubuntu14"

# Returns the OS version
  def getOperatingSystemRelease(self):
    #return OSCheck.get_os_version()
    return "14.04"

delete the python file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ambari_agent/Facter.pyc and restart the ambari-agent

New Contributor

This hack works like a charm! Thank you!

Explorer

Hi all,

I have been setting up to install Ambari on Ubuntu 16, is it compatible with Ambari yet?

Thanks.

New Contributor

Hi All,

It has been 9 months since this thread was last active, but it looks like there still is not support for v16. Hortonworks folks, can provide any guidance on roadmap or timing for this support? Will it come as a future release of HDP 5.x, or most likely not until 6.x? Any estimated timelines or milestones are helpful for infrastructure and migration planning and the associated budget cycles.

Thanks,

David

9 months have now passed since this thread was posted and v16 was released. Any idea when support will be coming? Anything from the roadmap or timing to share would really help with infrastructure planning. Thanks.