Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to access terminal from CDSW session

Explorer

Hi,

Would appreciate any advice, how to solve a problem with terminal access from a CDSW session. Let me highlight that I can launch a session, however within a session I am unable to access the terminal – please see the attached screenshot with HTTP ERROR 401.

CDSW_terminal_1.png

The networking requirements are met, in particular:

• IPv6 is enabled
  • CDSW hosts are within the same subnet as the CDH cluster
  • DNS is configured with the relevant A record for domain name, CNAME record for wildcard domain, and a reverse PTR domain record (please see the enclosed response to ping command, where the DNS resolves the terminal's FQDN to CDSW master node's IP)
  • No iptables rules were enabled
  • SElinux is disabled
[cloud-user@cdh-control-01 ~]$ ping -c1 tty-jidv65sd8630btx4.cdsw.<intranetdomain>
PING cdsw.<intranetdomain> (10.133.210.200) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from cdsw.<intranetdomain> (10.133.210.200): icmp_seq=1 ttl=60 time=0.884 ms

--- cdsw.<intranetdomain> ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 0ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.884/0.884/0.884/0.000 ms
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Collaborator

This problem is typically solved by either (a) clearing cookies and restarting your browser; and/or (b) logging out and back into CDSW. Let me know if that works for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

This problem is typically solved by either (a) clearing cookies and restarting your browser; and/or (b) logging out and back into CDSW. Let me know if that works for you.

Explorer

Clearing cookies helped.

Thank you.