Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Unable to communicate with NiFi

New Contributor

Hello, I'm new to NiFi and I'm experiencing problems during the installation phase. Unfortunately, I can't connect to the NiFi web interface. I've scoured the internet, but I still can't resolve the issue. I'm trying to install NiFi version 2.0.0-M4, and when I try to access the web interface by typing https://localhost:8443/nifi in the browser, I continuously get the error message "Unable to communicate with NiFi."

Some forums suggest waiting for a bit to allow NiFi to fully start and then trying again, but that hasn't solved the problem either. I also tried using HTTP instead of HTTPS, but that didn't work either. There are no error messages in the nifi-app.log file, and everything seems to be running normally.

The strange part is that I successfully followed the same installation steps on my colleague's computer, and it worked fine. However, when I follow the exact same steps on my own computer, it doesn't work. As for dependencies, I have both Java 8 and Java 23 installed on my machine, but still no luck. Could you help me out with this issue? Thanks in advance!

If you need further help with troubleshooting the issue, feel free to ask!

nifi-err.pngnifi-prop.png

1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor

@Suayb 

NiFi- 2.x requires Java 21
The make sure your NiFi is starting with Java 21 and not another version of Java.
You configure a specific java in the NiFi.bootstrap.conf file.  By default in that file java is set to "java=java" which uses system default java.  You could could change this to "java=<path to java 21 bin dir>/java"

If above does not solve issue start reviewing the nifi-bootstrap.log, nifi-app.log, and nifi-request.log for any relevant details.

Please help our community thrive. If you found any of the suggestions/solutions provided helped you with solving your issue or answering your question, please take a moment to login and click "Accept as Solution" on one or more of them that helped.

Thank you,
Matt