Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to completely start sandbox 2.4

Explorer

Hi, I have HDP2.4 installed on ubuntu 14.04 and it is working fine from last few months and I have lot on important data in it. Suddenly it is not getting started, it is stopping at 'Starting Resource Manager'

5684-sandbox-start.pngas shown in above image.

I have attached VirtualBox log image below

5685-virtualbox-log.png

In /opt folder I don't have VBoxGuestAdditions and my latest history(reason why I attached my history is I have installed few things and want to know whether they are causing the problem) is

5686-history.png

I am new to sandbox and I have little knowledge on admin, could somebody help me. Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@jami samrat

Can you please try increasing memory and see if it helps? Do you see any error when resource manager process is starting or its just stuck at that point? You can also try <ctrl>+c when it is stuck to see if its going to next step.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

@jami samrat

Can you please try increasing memory and see if it helps? Do you see any error when resource manager process is starting or its just stuck at that point? You can also try <ctrl>+c when it is stuck to see if its going to next step.

Explorer

Hi Kulkarni, thank you for the reply. Do you

5698-screen-shot-2016-07-11-at-125541-pm.png

want me to increase RAM memory or storage memory. I already allocated 8192MB, I remember seeing HDFS 97% full warning in ambari, does that causing me the problem.. I don't see any error and it just stuck at that point. Typing ctrl+c doesn't show me anything

New Contributor

Did you get help with this issue? Im having the same problem yet everything was fine until the last few hours. Below is my screen shot. Please help

Did you get help on this issue jami samrat? Im having the same problem. Below is the screen shot. It just stops at starting zapplin. But it was fine all along until few hours ago

9537-error.jpg

New Contributor

I'm also stuck at the same. Did the memory increase help? My sandbox is working, I can use putty, mapreduce jobs and all, but the startup never finishes.