Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to connect to Google Places API using NiFi (Lab-2 Enhance the DataFlow with Geo Location Enrichment),Unable to connect to Google Places API service using NiFi (Doing Lab 2 Enhance the DataFlow with Geo Location Enrichment)

Hi

NiFi cannot connect to Google Places API, I followed the tutorials in Lab 2 Enhance the DataFlow with Geo Location Environment. I am receiving "connectionTimeout error", I have generated the key for Google Places API and using it.

When I use the same URI in SOAP UI it works fine, I think there must be some settings need to be done to get the data from external webservice. can you please help me on this thanks.

Hi,

I am trying to do the Lab -2 Enhance the DataFlow with Geo Location Enrichment using NiFi, but unable to connect to Google Places API, I have generated key still not able to get any response from webservice. I always get connection time out error. If I hit the same RESTFul webservice(same URI) using SOAP UI it works. I think it is something to do with NiFi set up, can you please help me.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Its the proxy issue, I have entered the proxy details within the processor fixed the issue thanks.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rising Star

Hi @Srikanth Gundam

Can you share your NiFi template, so I can look through your dataflow and help you find the solution?

Hi

Please find the attached NiFi template for my dataflow.

Thanks.nifi-googleplaces.xml

Rising Star

Hi @Srikanth Gundam,

I tested your NiFi template on my local machine and the dataflow works fine. No problems.

"connectionTimeout error" occurs usually due to network connectivity issues or firewall could be dropping the API HTTP request.

I don't think you have a network connectivity issue because you were able to use SOAP UI.

Can you send me the logs after you ran your NiFi Dataflow and the error happened? The logs folder is in HDF-1.2.0.1-1/nifi/logs.

nifilogs.zip

Please find the attached log

Master Guru

Are you on a sandbox? do you have access to / from the box? Did you get an error? It should show up in the UI. Is it always timeout. Can NiFi access anything?

No, I am on localhost, I always get connection timeout error in the UI. NiFi can fetch the data from the local directory and put the data into output directory in local. This is the first time I am trying to access a webservice.

Master Guru

have you tried the newest version

Its the proxy issue, I have entered the proxy details within the processor fixed the issue thanks.