Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Unable to connect to Hbase using Thin Client after Kerberos Migration

Unable to connect to Hbase using Thin Client after Kerberos Migration

New Contributor

Hi All,

I have been connecting to Hbase using Phoenix Thin Client without any issues until I moved to Kerberos. I am having lot of issues while trying to connect to HBase using thin client. I have been following couple of posts and tried the solutions but it didn't work for me maybe because I am missing something. Kindly advice.

jdbc:phoenix:thin:url=http://hostname:8765;serialization=PROTOBUF;authentication=SPNEGO;

AvaticaClientRuntimeException: Remote driver error: RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after attempts=36, exceptions: Sun Jul 08 17:54:06 UTC 2018, null, java.net.SocketTimeoutException: callTimeout=60000, callDuration=68145: row 'SYSTEM:CATALOG,,' on table 'hbase:meta' at region=hbase:meta,,1.1588230740, hostname=, seqNum=0 -> SQLException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after attempts=36, exceptions: Sun Jul 08 17:54:06 UTC 2018, null, java.net.SocketTimeoutException: callTimeout=60000, callDuration=68145: row 'SYSTEM:CATALOG,,' on table 'hbase:meta' at region=hbase:meta,,1.1588230740, hostname=,16020,1529152707934, seqNum=0 -> RetriesExhaustedException: Failed after attempts=36, exceptions:

at org.apache.calcite.avatica.jdbc.JdbcMeta.openConnection(JdbcMeta.java:619) at org.apache.calcite.avatica.remote.LocalService.apply(LocalService.java:299) at org.apache.calcite.avatica.remote.Service$OpenConnectionRequest.accept(Service.java:1748) at org.apache.calcite.avatica.remote.Service$OpenConnectionRequest.accept(Service.java:1728)

@Josh Elser Sir, kindly advice. Stuck with this for a long time.

Thanks a lot,

Mouli

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unable to connect to Hbase using Thin Client after Kerberos Migration

New Contributor

I am able to login to Kerberos using Keytab and Principal. Upon successful login, calling doAs method of UserGroupInformation, I am getting the above Exception.

Highlighted

Re: Unable to connect to Hbase using Thin Client after Kerberos Migration

New Contributor

Hello,

do you manage the permissions for the HBase Tables with Ranger? We have the Problem that in the Ranger HBase Policies our Groupmapping don't work. We have to add the Users manually in the Ranger HBase Policicy that they have Permissions for the HBase Tables. Maybe you have the same issue after enabling Kerberos Authentication.

Another Link that might be help is this one:

https://community.hortonworks.com/content/supportkb/49037/phoenix-sqlline-query-on-larger-data-set-f...

It's not the same error, but maybe it gives you some ideas what Configuration must be changed. I hope something of this helps.

Regards,

Michael

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here