Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to connect to hive after kerberos enabled from Dbeaver or any other tool

Explorer

We are working on below configuration platform.

Cloudera Version: CDP 7.1.2

Kerberos 5 version 1.15.1

Hive 3.1.3000.7.1.7.1000-141

Phoenix 5.1.5

After kerberos enabled on the platform, we are not able to connect to hive and phoenix from DBeaver or sql client.

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Hi @SagarCapG 

what is the connection string you are using in dbeaver, and what error you are getting?

share your beeline connection string too.

Explorer

jdbc:hive2://<host>:10000

Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: .... Invalid status 21

If i use just 'beeline' command, i am able to connect to hive. However if i use below command, i am getting exception.

beeline -u jdbc:hive2://<host>:10000/default -n user -p pwd

23/10/23 23:22:31 [main]: WARN transport.TSaslTransport: Could not send failure response
org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

23/10/23 23:22:31 [main]: WARN jdbc.HiveConnection: Failed to connect to host:10000
log4j:ERROR Could not create an Appender. Reported error follows.
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender cannot be cast to com.cloudera.hive.jdbc42.internal.apache.log4j.Appender
at com.cloudera.hive.jdbc42.internal.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.parseAppender(DOMConfigurator.java:248)
at com.cloudera.hive.jdbc42.internal.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.findAppenderByName(DOMConfigurator.java:176)

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (com.cloudera.hive.jdbc42.internal.apache.thrift.transport.TSaslTransport).
log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
log4j:WARN See http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/faq.html#noconfig for more info.
Unknown HS2 problem when communicating with Thrift server.
Error: Could not open client transport with JDBC Uri: jdbc:hive2://host:10000/default: Invalid status 21
Also, could not send response: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset (state=08S01,code=0)