Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to download CDH5

New Contributor

I am able to download the trial version for CDH5.x but how can I download the full version?

1 REPLY 1

Hi @ShantanuBose 

Can you share the link here where you are downloading "the trial version for CDH5.x"? I am not aware of a trial version of CDH 5.x.

And you should be aware that the last version of CDH 5.x, Cloudera Enterprise 5.16 reached it's end of support date in December 2020 (open that link and then expand the section labeled "Cloudera Enterprise products" underneath Current End of Support (EoS) Dates).

What you are probably referring to is the trial version of the current Enterprise Data Platform offered by Cloudera, which is Cloudera Data Platform (CDP), which in it's on-premises "form factor" is offered as CDP Private Cloud Base. CDP supersedes CDH as it is fairly up to date on all the included components, which is not the case with CDH 5.16.

Hopefully you are aware that earlier this year, Cloudera modified its repositories and as such the binaries for the "the full version" are now only available in a private repository. If not, please see the announcement here: Transition to private repositories for CDH, HDP and HDF. Downloading the full version of CDP Private Cloud Base binaries requires first having an active subscription agreement in place and obtaining a license key file along with the required authentication credentials.

That same announcement also has information on how to go about obtaining a subscription agreement and the required authentication credentials for the private repository if you don't already have them.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.