Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to download virtual box image for HDP2.5 its turn into doctor image

Contributor

Hi Team,

I am not sure was this weird error why I am getting with sandbox download.

every time I tried to download virtual box image of total size -

9435-1.png

And once I done with importing the image I become -

9436-2.png

I have tried a lot many time to download from the same mentioned follow -

9437-3.png

Can you please update me what I have done wrong ??

Thanks for you response in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Guru
@indrajeet gour

You have not done anything wrong. The VirtualBox and VMWare virtual machines actually run a Docker container inside them to make it easier to setup, configure and deploy the different platforms. Once you import them, you will see they are called "Hortonworks Docker Sandbox".

If you mistakenly downloaded the pure Docker container, it would not have imported into VirtualBox at all.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Guru
@indrajeet gour

You have not done anything wrong. The VirtualBox and VMWare virtual machines actually run a Docker container inside them to make it easier to setup, configure and deploy the different platforms. Once you import them, you will see they are called "Hortonworks Docker Sandbox".

If you mistakenly downloaded the pure Docker container, it would not have imported into VirtualBox at all.

Contributor

Thanks @Michael Young I got your point. but after image import in virtual box, I was getting the Splash screen although shown in snapshot. It already takes more than 30 mins I started the VirtualBox.

Can you suggest what is the problem or what else I need to check?

9459-4.png

Super Guru
@indrajeet gour

Have you tried giving the VM more memory in VirtualBox? I tend to give mine 12GB of memory as it performs better. When you import the VM it defaults to 8GB which is the bare minimum.

The first time you boot up the VM, it often takes longer than any time after that. While waiting for the console to to show the login screen, you can login the VM via ssh -p 2122 root@localhost. The default password is hadoop. You can log into the Docker sandbox that runs within that VM via ssh -p 2222 root@localhost. Again, the default password is hadoop.

Once you have logged into, you can take a look at top to see if there are any processes taking up a lot of CPU resources.

Contributor

@Michael Young Thanks I increased the RAM of VM and it worked fine. Thanks for your help.

Super Guru

I'm glad to hear that!