I am using Cloudera CDH 5.9.0.While i am trying to fetch the records from hive table uisng where clause i am unable to get the results .It is continuously running.
Shall i need to configure any parameters to use Hive in ClouderaManager?
There could be so many reasons, can you provide more hints like
1. Are you getting result without 'where' clause?
2. Are you getting this isseue for only a particular table (or) for all the hive tables?
3. Is the table created on Hive (or) on Impala?
4. Was that a working table (before)?
5. Did you upgrade your CDH from previous version?
6. Also if possible, share your query
1)I am able to fetch the records without where clause
2)i am getting the issue for all tables created in hive
3)tables are created in hive\
4)yes it was.and i also tried by creating and inserting sample table aslo,but no result.
5)Yes.This is the latest version only
6) below is the query and resonse
hive> select * from movies where movieid=50;
Query ID = rabbit-hyd_20170103123737_3c64070c-b4f6-4446-834b-60731418658d
Total jobs = 1
Launching Job 1 out of 1
Number of reduce tasks is set to 0 since there's no reduce operator
Starting Job = job_1483425764083_0003, Tracking URL = http://server1:8088/proxy/application_1483425764083_0003/
Kill Command = /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-5.9.0-1.cdh5.9.0.p0.23/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop job -kill job_1483425764083_0003
Your answer is yes for the question related to upgrade
Can you run the below command and get the location
hive>describe formatted dbname.movies
and make sure the clustername and HDFS path looks good.
Also come out from hive and check you can access the file directly in HDFS
hadoop fs -ls /user/hive/warehouse/dbname.db/movies
hadoop fs -cat /user/hive/warehouse/dbname.db/movies/filename....
Thanks for your reply.one morething is i have directly installed cdh 5.9.0 not updated from old version.
I have checked the directory by using provided commands ,i can able to access but i didnt found any file there.
Not for this table ,this is happening for every table and i noticed that all DML commands are not working (cant get any results,running continuously)through Hue and Command prompt.
You cannot do DML If you don't find file in the location mentioned using describe formatted table command
1. Can you share the location mentioned from the describe command and location where you check the data.
2. Now, can you create a new table and insert some data. Repeat the steps that i've mentioned previously and confirm you can see the files for the new table. if so, try DML on new table
i have tried by creating new table also but not effected.I was created the table using Hive prompt in Hue.
The location i was used to store is "/user/local/hive/ " and Hive supported by Mysql instead of Postgre Sql.
1. Go to CM -> Hive -> Configuration -> search for hive.metastore.warehouse.dir and share me the path
2. Get the location of the existing & new tables using describe formatted table and share the same.
3. You mentioned that you used to store in /user/local/hive... Is your hive warehouse path configured to this location?
4. what do you mean by not effected when you create new table? Pls share more details as much as you can.. giving one line hint will not help to debug the issue from remote
Thanks for your reply.Please find the details as below
3)Same path only configured
4)Not affected means...i created a new table and inserted some data to it and performed to fetch the data using where clause,but the result remains same (still processing request) and found that no dml comand is working in hive.
2)Please find the screenshot attached below.
One small request from me.If you are free can we have a session regarding Hive Database?
From your screen shot the table parameter shows only one parameter, which means your table is empty... that is the reason you are not getting any result. So it is working as expected...
Table Parameters: transient_lastDdlTime 1483083212
To make it more clear.... To get result from your table, your table parameter should look like below. It says that the table tied up with one file and it has 20 records.
Table Parameters: COLUMN_STATS_ACCURATE true numFiles 1 numRows 20 rawDataSize 440 totalSize 460 transient_lastDdlTime 1466515270
Hope this helps!