Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to log on to the Ambari Sandbox using : maria_dev and password maria_dev

Explorer

I am unable to log on to the VirtualBox, using the maria_dev user name and password. when I try that it says "invalid" username/password. But when I go to the console, I am able to log on using the same details. I did install the sandbox before and it worked, and I uninstalled it. When I reinistalled, I am now having these issues.

15833-ambari.png

The weird thing is that, even when I unistall hortonworks sandbox and remove the virtualbox, when I try the 127.0.0.1:8080, I still get the same log on box, so this gives me the impression that the port number 8080 is already in use, so when hortonworks installs on the VM, it's unable to overide whatever is running on the port.

Please assist.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@Paul Bere

The easiest option will be to reset the ambari admin password using the utility that is provided as part of sandbox. (After doing SSH on port 2222 on Sandbox you can run the following command and reset ambari admin password.)

Example:

# ssh root@127.0.0.1  -p 2222
# ambari-admin-password-reset

(maria_dev/maria_dev) credentials should work though. So if that is not working then please check the following:

1. Ambari Server log to findout if there are any Errors? (Because many times due to browser cache the Login Page is displayed but the Ambari itself is not running to authenticate)

# ambari-server status
# netstat -tnlpa | grep 8080

2. Check if the embedded Postgres DB is running or not? Grep Postgres Port 5432 to see if it is running?

# netstat -tnlpa | grep 5432
# psql -U ambari ambari 
Password for user ambari:    bigdata

Check if you are able to login to psql using password "bigdata" ?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@Paul Bere

The easiest option will be to reset the ambari admin password using the utility that is provided as part of sandbox. (After doing SSH on port 2222 on Sandbox you can run the following command and reset ambari admin password.)

Example:

# ssh root@127.0.0.1  -p 2222
# ambari-admin-password-reset

(maria_dev/maria_dev) credentials should work though. So if that is not working then please check the following:

1. Ambari Server log to findout if there are any Errors? (Because many times due to browser cache the Login Page is displayed but the Ambari itself is not running to authenticate)

# ambari-server status
# netstat -tnlpa | grep 8080

2. Check if the embedded Postgres DB is running or not? Grep Postgres Port 5432 to see if it is running?

# netstat -tnlpa | grep 5432
# psql -U ambari ambari 
Password for user ambari:    bigdata

Check if you are able to login to psql using password "bigdata" ?

Explorer

I am able to log on on the console and I was able to reset the password, still on the browser, I am getting an error. The issue I suspect is on the port. Is there a way of deleting the port 8080 on my pc if its already running, that way I can do a clean install of the sandbox.

15834-ambari.png

Does the XDB looks familiar? I But even after I removed the sandbox completely, if I access the ip address and the port 8080, I get the same log on page and I cant still log on, so I dont think its a sandbox issue, but maybe its the port number which is messing up..

Explorer

@Jay SenSharma

I just posted a response

Master Mentor

@Paul Bere

Ambari uses It's own custom Form Authentication. But your screen shows a Browser (Basic Auth Window).

Also the XDB (Which i guess oracle tomcat instance uses) suggests that you might be running Oracle On your Local machine ... it also uses port 8080. The password prompt is coming from there. Please stop any oracle instance on your local machine and then try accessing ambari again.

Explorer

@Jay SenSharma You are correct. It was an Oracle database which was using the same port. I uninstalled the database and it worked. Thanks so much for the help. I am now all logged on!!

15835-ambarilive.png

New Contributor

Thanks @Jay SenSharma and @Paul Bere. You saved the day for me ! Much appreciated !

Thanks @Jay SenSharma and @Paul Bere you saved the day for me ! Much apprecited...