Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Unable to open Nifi on browser

Highlighted

Unable to open Nifi on browser

Hi All,

I have downloaded the standalone Nifi and moved it inside HDP sandbox. Then, I have changed the port from "nifi.web.http.port=8080" to "nifi.web.http.port=9090" by going "opt/nifi/conf/nifi.properties".

I have checked "opt/nifi/logs/nifi-app.log" and shows bellow

2018-10-11 09:23:38,091 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer http://172.18.0.2:9090/nifi

2018-10-11 09:23:38,091 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer http://127.0.0.1:9090/nifi

2018-10-11 09:23:38,094 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.BootstrapListener Successfully initiated communication with Bootstrap

2018-10-11 09:23:38,094 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.NiFi Controller initialization took 29640784974 nanoseconds (29 seconds).

Also, "opt/nifi/logs/nifi-bootstrap.log" show as bellow

INFO [NiFi Bootstrap Command Listener] org.apache.nifi.bootstrap.RunNiFi Apache NiFi now running and listening for Bootstrap requests on port 33387

I don't know why I am not able to open it on browser - I have tried it on Safari and Chrome

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Unable to open Nifi on browser

Rising Star

@Daniel Niguse

Going by the tags on this question, it looks like you may be using HDP 2.6.0 version of Hortonworks Sandbox? You'll want to check to see if docker is forwarding port 9090 to the container. The HDP 2.6.5 version of Hortonworks Sandbox looks like it forwards that port by default.

Sandbox Port Forwards - HDP 2.6.5

I would also suggest making modifications to the NiFi configuration through Ambari, rather than directly modifying the configuration files. The "nifi-ambari-config" config-site contains the properties for the HTTP(S) ports.

Highlighted

I am actually using HDP 2.6.5 - I have corrected the tag.

I can not see Nifi on Ambari

Highlighted

Mentor

@Daniel Niguse

If you want to have your NiFi managed to be visible and Ambari managed you should use the --mpack install method, your Standalone version installed in /opt/nifi/ whereas the Ambari managed will go in /usr/hdf basically you will also have /usr/hdp

AFAIK the compatible version for 2.6.5 is the HDF 3.1.2.

Recently I went through the same procedure here is what to do as the root user, Switch to the download dir

cd /tmp 

Download the compatible NiFi

wget -nv http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDF/centos7/3.x/updates/3.1.2.0/tars/hdf_ambari_mp/hdf-ambari-m... 

Check that the tar file was downloaded

Stop Ambari server

Ambari server MUST not be running during this procedure

# ambari-server stop 

Now install the NiFi

# ambari-server install-mpack --mpack=/tmp/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.1.2.0-7.tar.gz --verbose 

Sample output

INFO: Management pack hdf-ambari-mpack-3.1.2.0-7 successfully installed! Please restart ambari-server. 
INFO: Executing after-install hook script : /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mpacks/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.1.2.0-7/hooks/after_install.py 
INFO: about to run command: ['/usr/bin/ambari-python-wrap', u'/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mpacks/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.1.2.0-7/hooks/after_install.py'] 
INFO: process_pid=15411 
INFO: Switching addon services using config file /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mpacks/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.1.2.0-7/hooks/HDF-3.1.json 
INFO: Loading properties from /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties 
INFO: Processing artifact hdp-addon-services of type stack-addon-service-definitions in /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mpacks/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.1.2.0-7/hdp-addon-services/HDF/3.1 
INFO: Successfully switched addon services using config file /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mpacks/hdf-ambari-mpack-3.1.2.0-7/hooks/HDF-3.1.json 

Ambari Server 'install-mpack' completed successfully. 

Restart the Ambari server

# ambari-server restart 

And now you can proceed with the nifi deployment it should be visible in the Ambari UI. Please let me know

Highlighted

Mentor

@Daniel Niguse

Any updates ? Do you need specific help?

Highlighted

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

I downloaded and installed Nifi on /tmp folder as you have instructed above but I do not see the Nifi on Ambari UI that manages HDP cluster. Where do I find it and configure (in order to see Nifi on browser) it?

I another thing I would like to know is that let's say I download Nifi from https://nifi.apache.org/download.html and installed it inside HDP sandbox in order to run (./bin/nifi.sh start) it from there. is it possible with HDP 2.6.5?

Highlighted

Mentor

@Daniel Niguse

Sorry, I guessed you knew how to proceed after the reboot of the Ambari server. So here is the procedure NIFi should now be available and can be added through Ambari.

From Ambari-UI-->Admin-Stackversions.and NiFi should be at the bottom as shown on the screenshot now you can add it, after you should have the Nifi URL, I would advise you not to select the Nifi CA Authority you could add it later as it requires many parameters but that doesn^'t stop you from using NIFi

92824-daniel.jpg

Keep me posted

Highlighted

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

91699-screen-shot-2018-10-13-at-123316.png

"Add service" is unclickable.

Highlighted

Mentor

@Daniel Niguse

I am wondering whether you restarted the ambari-server after the installation of the --mpack? If not please

# ambari-server restart

Do you have any output for

# ll /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mpacks

Please let me know

Highlighted

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

It was restarted.

screen-shot-2018-10-14-at-201837.png

The output for # ll /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/mpacks

Don't have an account?