Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Unable to proceed with installation even after running the cleanup script

Contributor

Hi,

My initial installation got aborted. When I try to do reinstall, there was a notification to run the cleanup script. I did that and proceed with the installation again. Still I am unable to proceed further. Can you please guide me in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Subramanian S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

Hi Plevinson,

Its an Ambari install. The issue was resolved. Actually the cleanup script is not removing contents fully in /etc folder. I am able to find a blog to manually remove them. Also I have to remove the postgres data file along with postgres installation.

Now able to bring up the system. Thanks for all your support and the post in the community forums.

Regards,

Subramanian S.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

Please post the errors that you are seeing, both on ambari UI and ambari-server.log. ambari-agent logs also might provide some insight into what is going on.

Have you also executed

'ambari-server reset'

before reinstall?

Rising Star

Ambari or manual (non-ambari) install?

Contributor

Hi Plevinson,

Its an Ambari install. The issue was resolved. Actually the cleanup script is not removing contents fully in /etc folder. I am able to find a blog to manually remove them. Also I have to remove the postgres data file along with postgres installation.

Now able to bring up the system. Thanks for all your support and the post in the community forums.

Regards,

Subramanian S.