Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Unable to start nodemanager

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Unable to start nodemanager

I am tryting to start nodemanager but it is getting stopped , I have tried to see its log (/var/log/hadoop-yarn/yarn ) in the same machine in which nodemanger is installed but there are no logs available. In ambari I tried to see stderr: /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/errors-2756.txt

and getting some error like :

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/mount.py", line 41, in get_mounted
    raise Fail("Getting list of mounts (calling mount) failed")
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Getting list of mounts (calling mount) failed

i even checked yarn.nodemanager.log-dirs :

/usr/hadoop/yarn/log,/var/run/hadoop/yarn/log,/opt/hadoop/yarn/log, /var/log/hadoop/yarn/log,/data/hadoop/yarn/log

but getting No such file or directory in the same machine in which nodemanager is installed .

out of four nodemanager only one node manager is running and its logs are available in /var/log/hadoop-yarn/yarn but for other there are no logs.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to start nodemanager

Super Mentor

@Anurag Mishra

Based on Error it looks like ambari agent is not able to determine the Mount directories on the failing host.

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/release-2.6.0/ambari-common/src/main/python/resource_managemen...

For a quick test please write following kind of simple python script "/tmp/mountTest.py" to list the mount directories (this is exactly same what the ambari-agent does).

NOTE: please make sure that indentation is same as below inside the file as Python is very sensitive to indentations.

import os
import re
from subprocess import Popen, PIPE, STDOUT

p = Popen("mount", stdout=PIPE, stderr=STDOUT, shell=True)
out = p.communicate()[0]
if p.wait() != 0:
print 'All Good' + out

The run the script as following:

NOTE: Please make sure that the python is running with the same user account who is running the ambari-agent,.

# python /tmp/mountTest.py

All Good/dev/vda1 on / type ext4 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,rootcontext="system_u:object_r:tmpfs_t:s0")
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)

7 REPLIES 7

i tried to manually starting nodemanager login as root :

cd /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-yarn-nodemanager/sbi n/

sh yarn-daemon.sh start nodemanger

and nodemanager started but when doing same with ambari it is not able to start.

Mentor

@Anurag Mishra

What is the error you get when you try restarting Ambari? check out in

/var/log/ambari-server/ambari-server.log

Please attach the log

@Jay Kumar SenSharma can you please look into issue ?

Super Mentor

@Anurag Mishra

Based on Error it looks like ambari agent is not able to determine the Mount directories on the failing host.

https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/release-2.6.0/ambari-common/src/main/python/resource_managemen...

For a quick test please write following kind of simple python script "/tmp/mountTest.py" to list the mount directories (this is exactly same what the ambari-agent does).

NOTE: please make sure that indentation is same as below inside the file as Python is very sensitive to indentations.

import os
import re

out = p.communicate()[0]
if p.wait() != 0:
print 'All Good' + out

The run the script as following:

NOTE: Please make sure that the python is running with the same user account who is running the ambari-agent,.

# python /tmp/mountTest.py

All Good/dev/vda1 on / type ext4 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,rootcontext="system_u:object_r:tmpfs_t:s0")
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)

@Jay Kumar SenSharma

i ran same mount test script :

here is below result

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/tmp/MountTest.py", line 8, in <module> raise Fail("Getting list of mounts (calling mount) failed") NameError: name 'Fail' is not defined

i have restarted ambari-agent but when i start nodemanager now getting an error :

Execution of 'ambari-sudo.sh su yarn -l -s /bin/bash -c 'ls /var/run/hadoop-yarn/yarn/yarn-yarn-nodemanager.pid && ps -p `cat /var/run/hadoop-yarn/yarn/yarn-yarn-nodemanager.pid`'' returned 1. /var/run/hadoop-yarn/yarn/yarn-yarn-nodemanager.pid

@Anurag Mishra,

Can you make a small change to @Jay Kumar SenSharma's script as below and run the script and paste the output

out,err = p.communicate()
print "return code is :: " + str(p.returncode)
if out:
    print "stdout is :: " + out
if err:
    print "stderr is :: " + err
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here